Mega CD Recommendations

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
User avatar
skykid
1-ALL DOJ doesn't count.
Posts: 864
Joined: August 19th, 2008, 12:07 pm
Location: China

Re: Mega CD Recommendations

Post by skykid »

SuperPang wrote:Just Genesis carts. It uses the spare pins on the existing AV out.

I won a Keio Yuugekitai for 4,100 Yen which seems like a good deal.
Jesus, that's gone up loads.

Hmm, so an internal Wondermega RGB mod eh? Very interesting. :think: I'm looking for a way to play US MCD's on the system. As yet, I've had no luck figuring it out.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned.
SuperPang wrote: Where DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away.
User avatar
Munchies
Posts: 385
Joined: May 28th, 2009, 9:57 pm
Location: Northern Ireland, UK
eBay: Frenzia
Initials: MIB

Re: Mega CD Recommendations

Post by Munchies »

skykid wrote:
SuperPang wrote:Just Genesis carts. It uses the spare pins on the existing AV out.

I won a Keio Yuugekitai for 4,100 Yen which seems like a good deal.
Jesus, that's gone up loads.

Hmm, so an internal Wondermega RGB mod eh? Very interesting. :think: I'm looking for a way to play US MCD's on the system. As yet, I've had no luck figuring it out.
http://products.genny4ever.net/megacart ... l#ordering"

This seems to do the job :)
User avatar
SuperPang
Master or Universe
Posts: 10135
Joined: August 16th, 2008, 2:45 pm
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: Mega CD Recommendations

Post by SuperPang »

Cartridge compatible with MegaCD, MegaCD2, SegaCD, SegaCD2,
CDX, Multimega, Megadrive, Megadrive2, Megadrive3,
Genesis, Genesis2, Nomad and 32X.
:think:
User avatar
jepjepjep
Posts: 149
Joined: July 16th, 2009, 10:13 pm
Location: California

Re: Mega CD Recommendations

Post by jepjepjep »

The Terminator is a fun run-and-gun with great atmosphere.
User avatar
Munchies
Posts: 385
Joined: May 28th, 2009, 9:57 pm
Location: Northern Ireland, UK
eBay: Frenzia
Initials: MIB

Re: Mega CD Recommendations

Post by Munchies »

SuperPang wrote:
Cartridge compatible with MegaCD, MegaCD2, SegaCD, SegaCD2,
CDX, Multimega, Megadrive, Megadrive2, Megadrive3,
Genesis, Genesis2, Nomad and 32X.
:think:
Finally found a review :D

http://www.sega-16.com/feature_page.php ... ega%20Cart"
User avatar
skykid
1-ALL DOJ doesn't count.
Posts: 864
Joined: August 19th, 2008, 12:07 pm
Location: China

Re: Mega CD Recommendations

Post by skykid »

Munchies wrote:
SuperPang wrote:
Cartridge compatible with MegaCD, MegaCD2, SegaCD, SegaCD2,
CDX, Multimega, Megadrive, Megadrive2, Megadrive3,
Genesis, Genesis2, Nomad and 32X.
:think:
Finally found a review :D

http://www.sega-16.com/feature_page.php ... ega%20Cart"
I don't think he's disputing the quality of the thing, it's just that it's never been confirmed (afaik) as working on a Wondermega. I did look into this before a long time ago but couldn't find any concrete answers on compatibility.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned.
SuperPang wrote: Where DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away.
User avatar
Munchies
Posts: 385
Joined: May 28th, 2009, 9:57 pm
Location: Northern Ireland, UK
eBay: Frenzia
Initials: MIB

Re: Mega CD Recommendations

Post by Munchies »

I don't think he's disputing the quality of the thing, it's just that it's never been confirmed (afaik) as working on a Wondermega. I did look into this before a long time ago but couldn't find any concrete answers on compatibility.[/quote]

I believe some attempt is being made to fix the incompatibility with both X-Eye and Wondermega consoles, though nothing has come of fruition as of yet. Last post on the forum regarding the incompatibility was August 2010.
User avatar
skykid
1-ALL DOJ doesn't count.
Posts: 864
Joined: August 19th, 2008, 12:07 pm
Location: China

Re: Mega CD Recommendations

Post by skykid »

Munchies wrote: I believe some attempt is being made to fix the incompatibility with both X-Eye and Wondermega consoles, though nothing has come of fruition as of yet. Last post on the forum regarding the incompatibility was August 2010.
I know, it's real slow progress. :(
Been going since 2007 I believe. :palm:
Always outnumbered, never outgunned.
SuperPang wrote: Where DOJ rapes you, DFK grabs your boob then runs away.
arit
Posts: 2
Joined: March 18th, 2011, 1:27 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Mega CD Recommendations

Post by arit »

As mentioned Lunar series but also Shining Force CD, battle to the core, no more town exploring(ok, might be seen negativ).
Post Reply