Cave | Get your japanese X360 now...

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
kernow
:problem: child
Initials: KRN

Re: Cave | Get your japanese X360 now...

Post by kernow » February 27th, 2011, 1:04 am

:think:

People who don't like ibara are pussies, you need to persevere not give up in the first month. Once you start making progress and fighting, shouting at the game, getting your **** beat for hours, slowly getting better - it opens right up and you finally understand its depth and beauty :awe:
David... The wind blows... The wind blows... Bits of your... life awayee

cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools » February 27th, 2011, 5:54 am

Ibaras bosses are far tougher than those in Pink Sweets, due to the bomb/bullet absorbing mechanic in the latter. However, using the bomb regularly does hideous damage to the rank and the only way of bringing it down is to die - but scoring is directly proportional to rank...

Also this pack is region free so no need for any messing around with other consoles.

DandySephy
Initials: SEP

Post by DandySephy » February 27th, 2011, 6:02 am

kernow wrote:, you need to persevere not give up in the first month.
Six weeks :awe: Although in that time I probably played it for all of an hour. In comparsion, I spent two hours in the first weekend on the Donpachi I got from you in exchange for Ibara :lol:

On a separate note, my DFK V1.5 performance on a cab is woeful compared to my iPhone performance (which isn't spectacular). I made a note of my Stage 1 score from yesterday on the cab which afaik is my best performance, I'm going to try and improve on that so I can get the score up quicker. Aura charging the hyper seems less suicidal on the iPhone, probably because the touch screen control is more accurate than me using a JLF. Oh and getting on the alternate route might help :?

Chi
Fire Extinguisher
Initials: CHI

Post by Chi » February 27th, 2011, 7:47 am

kernow wrote:People who don't like ibara are pussies
This.

I will give Pink Sweets another crack once I get this game - my very last credit on it before I sold it on a couple of years back made me think that perhaps I had been missing something...
"TO THE untrained eye Christian Cooper might have been stamping out a small fire " - The Times, 7th Feb, 2004

SuperPang
Master or Universe

Post by SuperPang » February 27th, 2011, 12:24 pm

Dandy_Sephy wrote: I credit spammed through both games today and Pink Sweets seems much more accessible than Ibara.
Are you sure you're not playing v1.01? It's noticeably easier. I quite like it. Pity the port aint so hot in general. There are some areas where there's too much slowdown or worse, too little. They've also made a couple of silly omissions and I miss the HD graphics.

I find Pink Sweets equally as tough as Ibara. I've actually been enjoying it a lot more lately. I miss the bombah button and you really need to know what's coming next because the rank can catch you out but I like the simple old school scoring and survival. It's been replaced by DFK BL now though and I can't see that moving for months.

DandySephy

Post by DandySephy » February 27th, 2011, 1:51 pm

SuperPang wrote:
Dandy_Sephy wrote: I credit spammed through both games today and Pink Sweets seems much more accessible than Ibara.
Are you sure you're not playing v1.01?
No idea tbh!

Casey120
The Fluffer
eBay: Tappygielen
Initials: CVW

Post by Casey120 » March 2nd, 2011, 9:13 pm

Got the game today , PS I already have on PCB so Pork is what I am looking for .
Played just a little and like the game very much , I play it on a rotatable LCD but it looks better Hori with borders, for some strange reason I can't seem to get the Tate screen in the right dimensions , it's cramped and looks like **** :problem:
I have Smoothing off, Wide screen off and zoomed to the max It's still vertically cramped and everything looks blurry , I'm going to fiddle some more later on .

emphatic
Breastfeeds when required
eBay: jorgen_sjolander
Initials: JOR

Post by emphatic » March 2nd, 2011, 9:24 pm

Casey120 wrote:for some strange reason I can't seem to get the Tate screen in the right dimensions , it's cramped and looks like **** :problem:
I have Smoothing off, Wide screen off and zoomed to the max It's still vertically cramped and everything looks blurry , I'm going to fiddle some more later on .
Are you adjusting the game size for the specific game mode (you'll have to do this individually for each one) or just on the General settings screen (the DOWN option on the menu between the specific GAME menus)?

Casey120
The Fluffer

Post by Casey120 » March 2nd, 2011, 10:06 pm

I did both , first on the main options and then each game individually , I try later because I must have made a mistake somewhere .

wonderbanana
You can't polish a turd, but I can

Post by wonderbanana » March 2nd, 2011, 10:21 pm

Casey120 wrote:I did both , first on the main options and then each game individually , I try later because I must have made a mistake somewhere .
Do it on the title main screen. It looks off (way too big) but when you go in game it will be right.

That worked for me though whether there is a better way I don't know.
markedkiller78 wrote:that's probably my best contribution to the forum to date "I am pluralising fanny"

joeblade
You're looking good Tim

Post by joeblade » March 3rd, 2011, 8:53 am

Apart from the rather strange menu layout at the beginning and a fair bit of tweaking for tate im really loving this double pack, it's not spot-on but considering the extras there's plenty to keep ya occupied here!!
So glad I can play these two again...definitely up there as two of my fave cave shmups! 8-)

Picked it up off one of my mates who's based out in jp, price worked out cheaper than vgi and it turned up on monday!! :awe:

He's looking to get some more business so if anyone want's to get anything upcoming...send us a MP and i'll shoot you he's email. :)
For gods sake, its a carton box - not the holy grail!

Casey120
The Fluffer

Post by Casey120 » March 3rd, 2011, 9:02 am

wonderbanana wrote:
Do it on the title main screen. It looks off (way too big) but when you go in game it will be right.

That worked for me though whether there is a better way I don't know.
Thanks Man ,that fixed it for me :thumbup:

Going to fill my Lard meter later today , Muchi Muchi Pork is awesome :awe:

I want the PCB now :problem:

Shady994
Please Continue...
eBay: lmstolton
Initials: SDY

Post by Shady994 » March 4th, 2011, 3:34 pm

I've been enjoying MMP a fair bit too since I got it the other day. I've also been having fun with PS but it gets hairy pretty quickly, I don't think I'll ever be able to complete it. :palm: The menu system and UI is utter gash though, it really should have been designed much better. Fun games in all though, I'll spend a lot of time playing this. I've also added MMP to my PCB wanted list. :)

SuperPang
Master or Universe

Post by SuperPang » March 4th, 2011, 5:58 pm

DFK BL is Caves best since Deathsmiles.
That is all.

geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig » March 5th, 2011, 8:20 am

finally got mine mmp and ps yesterday and so far not that impressed if i was to pick one over the other it would probably be mmp !i think i actualy hate pink sweets ! i'll give them a couple more goes before i make my mind up though!

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"

calium
eBay: nbcrew

Post by calium » March 5th, 2011, 8:25 am

Akai Katana Shin can be preordered now on play-asia. In stock on May 26, 2011. first print edition 87,- €
Insert Coin

CPS2
Street Fighter

Post by CPS2 » March 5th, 2011, 11:31 am

calium wrote:Akai Katana Shin can be preordered now on play-asia. In stock on May 26, 2011. first print edition 87,- €
Confirmed as region locked... :(

idc
Initials: IAN

Post by idc » March 5th, 2011, 2:11 pm

CPS2 wrote:
calium wrote:Akai Katana Shin can be preordered now on play-asia. In stock on May 26, 2011. first print edition 87,- €
I suspect that Rising Star Games may be picking this up for a European release, so long as Deathsmiles does well enought. When people have asked, they've stated words to the effect of, "We have no information regarding Akai Katana Shin at present."
ImageImageImageImage

DandySephy

Post by DandySephy » March 5th, 2011, 2:42 pm

idc wrote:
CPS2 wrote:
I suspect that Rising Star Games may be picking this up for a European release, so long as Deathsmiles does well enought. When people have asked, they've stated words to the effect of, "We have no information regarding Akai Katana Shin at present."
That doesn't mean anything really, Cave only just announced it for Japan.

As for the Pal version of DS doing well, it was the top selling budget title on 360 that week, and 8th in the budget all formats. We'll see Espgaluda II or Mushi Futari in pal land before they say anything about AK.

davewellington
The Librarian
Initials: DAV

Post by davewellington » April 3rd, 2011, 9:25 pm

Muchi Muchi Pork and Pink Sweets Limited Edition now 25% off at AmiAmi.

UK warning, they don't mark down.
all your wiki pages belong to me