Your fave console game ever

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
slapaham
Fits in the back of a Skoda

Cliche Favourite Game Thread

Post by slapaham »

While we all love our arcade games (that's why we're here, right?), some of us grew up playing consoles more than arcade machines (well, unfortunately, I did), so what are your favourite console games of all time...? Yeah, cliched, I know but it's always a good insight :D

Mine are -

Kickle Cubicle (NES)
Super Mario series (NES)
Metal Slug series (AES)
Mega Bomberman (Mega Drive)
Goldeneye (N64) (playing it now, it's a real crapper but at the time awesome!)
Resident Evil (remake) (Gamecube)
Condemned (Xbox 360)
Doom (Jaguar)
Pro Evo 4 (Xbox)
Mega Man 2 (NES)
Castlevania series (NES)

Noteworthy - Lifeforce Salamander (NES), Lemmings (Mega Drive), Fifa International (Mega Drive), Super Mario World (SNES), GTA4 (Xbox 360)

That was a real struggle without mentioning arcade! :?
Getting out the game... Buy my cabs!!
kernow
:problem: child
Initials: KRN

Re: Cliche Favourite Game Thread

Post by kernow »

slapaham wrote: Resident Evil (remake) (Gamecube)
;)

Good taste, I'd have to have that and super mario world in my top ten easily.
David... The wind blows... The wind blows... Bits of your... life awayee
geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig »

resident evil any
mario kart
super mario
ik+ commodore64 ( stupid never ending game !! )
bombjack commodore64 (i haven't palyed since then but remember being hooked)

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
slapaham

Post by slapaham »

I could never manage to arrange my fav games into a logical order or top 10 - I'm sure there are some great ones missing from my list that I've just forgotten about - there you go, there's one there... Night Trap (Mega CD) - great game, not sure it's a classic but it definately deserves a mention! :D And another - NBA Jam (Mega Drive)

Love the remake of Resi - keep meaning to dig it out and have another run through! :)
kernow

Post by kernow »

I dug it out just last week and died on the first zombie. aw yeah

only complaint with that game is that it gets murderously hard, and burning the zombies to make sure they don't return can be a bit of a ballache.

I love the simplicity of RE1 Directors cut as its not as big as REmake and still looks great (in my eyes), REmake looks stunning still though.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

i missed that one must go and try and get it i like the older re better so if they remade it and made it harder even better :awe:
I'm sure there are other games i can't think of either ,after playing the arcade version of nba jam the home port was woefull

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"
kernow

Post by kernow »

geotrig wrote:i missed that one must go and try and get it i like the older re better so if they remade it and made it harder even better :awe:
I'm sure there are other games i can't think of either ,after playing the arcade version of nba jam the home port was woefull
You should get REmake for sure then, it has 40% new content over the original.
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

woohoo , searching now !!

jpj

Post by jpj »

jpj & videogames... :awe:

we had a commodore64 when i was a kid, and regularly played a lot of bubble bobble. moved to US air force some years later, spent all my money in the youth centre with Street Fighter 2 and Mortal Kombat (i was young, and blood was cool :| ). got a megadrive, and loved sonic (series) / fifa international / streets of rage 2 / tutrtles hyperstone heist / fire shark / etc. and then i got into playing music and ****, but my brother got a chipped ps1, and we played the hell out of driver / tony hawks (series). i got back into games when i was 18-19, so i'd missed out on like n64/dreamcast/ps2 era. got myself a gamecube, and all i wanted was to play the type of games i liked as a kid. so namely super monkeyball 2 / ikaruga / f-zero. also got into zelda (played my first zelda game at 21 :awe: ), but also have love for skies of arcadia and baiten kaitos. i liked a lot of the newer sega stuff, and played the **** out of outrun2 / panzer dragoon orta / virtua tennis. then i got more into my arcade stuff, and collecting 2d shooters by cave / raizing / treasure.

some are more important to me now than others, but all that stuff in red are games that are remembered very fondly :)
slapaham

Post by slapaham »

Seriously chap - get it - it's awesome - and it scared the **** out of me! Burning the zombies was a bit of a pain but I actually quite liked it - if you didn't have enough lighter fluid you knew you were going to have a hard time next time you went back through that area - really cranked up the tension!

Music and graphics are awesome too - think you can get this for about a fiver without looking too hard!

Yeah, admittedly I'd have chosen the arcade version of NBA Jam but then thats not allowed! :?
slapaham

Post by slapaham »

Darn it! There's another I can't believe I forgot - Bubble Bobble! Got a C64 now but never had one back then - we had a ton of Sinclair stuff, mind - Dizzy!
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

so is it just resident evil for the gamecube or is it called resident evil remake ?

geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

forgot all about zelda !!days spent mitching from school playing that

jpj

Post by jpj »

it's just called resident evil :)
2 and 3 are also on the cube, but they're just ports of the DC version, and don't look anywhere near as good :geek:
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

ya just took a punt on it and bought one on the bay , it think thats why i missed it ,i thought it was just a port from ps1 didn't realise it had new 40% new content :D

Sinjd
Legend
eBay: Sinjd

Post by Sinjd »

I really wish they would remake of Res 2, Capcom got peoples hopes up with talks of a new game on Wii, and it had Leon and Claire, and everyone is all :D:D:D:D, and then "umbrella chronicles 2" :(:(:(:( ... I'd love a Res 2 with Res 4 wii style controls, as its so nice being able to actually aim at stuff and shoot it in the head with relitive ease before it gets to you and starts nomming on your extremeties :D.

On topic of the original question though - I have great difficulty picking favorite games, but some contenders would be: Monkey Island 1 & 2, Beneath a Steel Sky (love old point and click adventures), Virtual On (giant robots!!!), Mario 3, Res Evil 2, Lotus Challenge 1 & 2 (that's more to do with the memories of playing it constantly with my friend as a kid, and the soundtracks than the game itself though I think :D), Zelda: Link to the Past, Zelda: Ocarina of Time,... I could go on listing for ages :lol: .. there is so much quality gaming out there, sure there is a hell of a lot of crap too, but it can be easily avoided :D.
kernow

Post by kernow »

I've had this on my PC for ages but eventually put it up on the tube. :)
geotrig
Potato!

Post by geotrig »

Sinjd wrote: Lotus Challenge 1 & 2 (that's more to do with the memories of playing it constantly with my friend as a kid, and the soundtracks than the game itself though I think :D), .
is that the one where you had to watch you r fuel on the c64 really liked that but didn't have it for long before it stopped loading ,enduro racer as well was great but nine times out of 10 it would not load :cry:

j69

Post by j69 »

erm. . .

SSF2T
SSF2THD
SFZ3
SF3.3
SFIV

:awe:
SuperPang
Master or Universe