PS Vita TV -

Console, handheld and computer games, retro and modern.
bloodhokuto
eBay: coryoon

PS Vita TV -

Post by bloodhokuto » November 16th, 2014, 6:23 pm

Just a heads up.

£38 at Playasia.

Ok, there will be postage on that, but that seems to be a good deal.

It's the Asian version but I understand that there aren't any region locks no more.

Well there better not **** be, or I will cry.

http://www.play-asia.com/playstation-vi ... -77lt.html"
Last edited by bloodhokuto on July 3rd, 2015, 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
- -
Looking to get a replacement foot panel for my Minicute.
If anyone sees one, let me know!
- -

Pete
Retired
eBay: arcave

Re: PS Vita TV £38 from Play asia

Post by Pete » November 16th, 2014, 8:47 pm

According to "fagin" they are ****.

Pyongyang
Pouangalang
eBay: pyongyang79
Initials: IJC

Post by Pyongyang » November 16th, 2014, 8:49 pm

Still need to buy a controller too if you've no PS4 and want to use it solely for Vita games. :(
Visit my shop! (Not a business, just an outlet for my private collection, for sale, direct): Player 2 Games

arcnl

Post by arcnl » November 16th, 2014, 9:28 pm

Release a kickass portable system, release next to NO games/software for it, and as a final measure release a standalone version of said console that cant even play the entire (limited) software library?? I want some of what they're smoking at Sony HQ!

LEGENOARYNINLIA
Still pantless?
eBay: jeffrymcmild

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA » November 16th, 2014, 10:12 pm

If I can use my JP account on this to play Goku Makaimura Kai in full screen then I am interested.

bloodhokuto

Post by bloodhokuto » November 17th, 2014, 8:40 am

Apparently from a few months ago they are.

I've ordered one, so fingers crossed!
- -
- -

fagin

Post by fagin » November 17th, 2014, 12:32 pm

Vita compatibility is limited.

Wanging a vita resolution and upscaling to 1080p (which will be to 720p via the PS TV and then finally to 1080p by your TV) doesn't look great.

PS4 remote play is, depending upon your sensitivity to lag, not that great.

Apart from all of this it's an awesome piece of kit. :D

Play vita games on your vita and play PS4 games direct from your PS4 - save yourself £38!

pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe » November 17th, 2014, 12:36 pm

How's the vita for internet TV? Would it make a decent and cheap youtube/netflix/iplayer type thing?

LEGENOARYNINLIA
Still pantless?
eBay: jeffrymcmild

Post by LEGENOARYNINLIA » November 17th, 2014, 12:44 pm

Can the USB port be used to play with a PS3 arcade stick?

fagin

Post by fagin » November 17th, 2014, 1:48 pm

pubjoe wrote:How's the vita for internet TV? Would it make a decent and cheap youtube/netflix/iplayer type thing?
Not tried it myself, but apparently none of these apps work on it.

hsriner1984
eBay: srinermk2
Initials: HSR

Post by hsriner1984 » January 16th, 2015, 10:29 pm

Really wish I had seen this thread before today. Went n picked one up n boy is it a huge turd. Input lag was so bad it was unplayable, esp Guilty Gear...the reason I bought the thing in the 1st place. No netflix/amazon/etc support, so its basically useless for me :(
Random neck beard, with a Ramen fetish

Chris

Post by Chris » July 1st, 2015, 9:23 am

I have the japanese vita tv. Its an awesome little console. Games look great in 720p or even 1080i. The only thing that really sucksis the **** poor sony browser. Man how i loathe this thing.

Alex
eBay: jandrogo

Post by Alex » July 2nd, 2015, 10:33 pm

This week Castlevania Chronicles X is on sale, picking it for less than 5€ was no brainer... Includes Symphony of the night and Rondo of Blood, it looks nice on a 50" Tv, guess how it would look with a scanline generator like Framemeister or Slg3000

The only problem is I play with a dualshock4 and there's a noticeable lag, maybe playing with usb cable wired or a ds3 or stick should solve lag?

CTN
eBay: ctn2005
Initials: CTN

Re: PS Vita TV -

Post by CTN » December 28th, 2015, 7:03 pm

Questions:
Do I need a japanese Vita TV to play the retail Darius Burst Cronicles?
Does it work with a PS3 Sixaxis?

Alex

Post by Alex » December 30th, 2015, 12:09 am

CTN wrote:Questions:
Do I need a japanese Vita TV to play the retail Darius Burst Cronicles?
Does it work with a PS3 Sixaxis?
No. Vita and vita tv are region free for retail games. It's not needed a Japanese vita tv to play it.

I can't confirm it 100%, but i think it's fully compatable

bloodhokuto

Post by bloodhokuto » December 30th, 2015, 6:20 pm

Yeah, as Alex said, you just need a Japanese PSN account - although just like the Vita it will mean that your Vita TV will only play Japanese stuff, until you reset it again for your UK account, then you won't be able to play the Japanese content.

However, if you get the actual physical game card when it finally comes out, you'll be able to play that regardless what region account is being used at the time.

The regular PS3 controller will work fine, but I don't think you will be able to use any others.

There is a hack for the PS Vita TV, to allow greater use of content, but I haven't tried it yet.

To be honest I wasn't that impressed with how games are displayed on the TV, it just looks off, I was expecting stuff to look great. I also tried the Vita TV through my Framemeister and that wasn't that much better.

I am waiting for the physical release of Darius, have to say that it is a real bitch having the physical release so far away, because I was tempted to double dip, but no way i am doing that, but am frustrated over not being able to play the game. Thing is, by the time that it eventually comes out, Ill probably play if for 10 mins and then never again as my interest would have passed by then.

Now ... with that said I was toying with the idea of getting Darius on Steam, but the problem is that I have a Mac, so I would have to either buy a **** Windows OS, or try and go the Wine route - I understand that with the latter there are some display issues with dual monitors. As for the former, there is no **** way I am paying to get Windows for one game, although given the issues I am having with emulation on the Mac at the moment I may be forced to having a dual boot mac.

OK, so I have gone a bit off track here, but if you really want to play Darius, and you have a Windows PC, and two monitors, go that route before you even consider using the vita TV to play it on the big screen.

God I didn't mean to **** over the Vita TV, its alright if you get it cheap and all.
- -
- -

CTN

Post by CTN » December 30th, 2015, 7:26 pm

So with retail I'm good to go. Brilliant.
bloodhokuto wrote:
[+] Spoiler...
Yeah, as Alex said, you just need a Japanese PSN account - although just like the Vita it will mean that your Vita TV will only play Japanese stuff, until you reset it again for your UK account, then you won't be able to play the Japanese content.

However, if you get the actual physical game card when it finally comes out, you'll be able to play that regardless what region account is being used at the time.

The regular PS3 controller will work fine, but I don't think you will be able to use any others.

There is a hack for the PS Vita TV, to allow greater use of content, but I haven't tried it yet.

To be honest I wasn't that impressed with how games are displayed on the TV, it just looks off, I was expecting stuff to look great. I also tried the Vita TV through my Framemeister and that wasn't that much better.

I am waiting for the physical release of Darius, have to say that it is a real bitch having the physical release so far away, because I was tempted to double dip, but no way i am doing that, but am frustrated over not being able to play the game. Thing is, by the time that it eventually comes out, Ill probably play if for 10 mins and then never again as my interest would have passed by then.

Now ... with that said I was toying with the idea of getting Darius on Steam, but the problem is that I have a Mac, so I would have to either buy a **** Windows OS, or try and go the Wine route - I understand that with the latter there are some display issues with dual monitors. As for the former, there is no **** way I am paying to get Windows for one game, although given the issues I am having with emulation on the Mac at the moment I may be forced to having a dual boot mac.

OK, so I have gone a bit off track here, but if you really want to play Darius, and you have a Windows PC, and two monitors, go that route before you even consider using the vita TV to play it on the big screen.

God I didn't mean to **** over the Vita TV, its alright if you get it cheap and all.
Bloodhokuto your my brother from another mother. I'm in the exactly same situation Mac included but I will never ever pay for a download game. It's either proper physical release or nothing and having no PSVita the PSTV @ roundabout 20£ is a good enough solution for playing that one game on a PC monitor.

bloodhokuto

Post by bloodhokuto » January 1st, 2016, 5:50 pm

CTN wrote:So with retail I'm good to go. Brilliant.

Bloodhokuto your my brother from another mother. I'm in the exactly same situation Mac included but I will never ever pay for a download game. It's either proper physical release or nothing and having no PSVita the PSTV @ roundabout 20£ is a good enough solution for playing that one game on a PC monitor.
8-)

Yeah I hate the downloading trend these days, it is convenient at times, but the downsides outweigh the slight convenience.

Out of interest, what do you do about MAME on the Mac, I got MAME OS X running in Yosemite, but have had no joy with El Capitan. Guess I will have to go the SDL MAME route, but i'll never get round to fixing / d/l the correct romsets and sorting out scanlines! :(
- -
- -

Alex

Post by Alex » January 3rd, 2016, 1:35 am

I also have a mac, and I am debating wether buying a cheap ebay pc under 150€ for steam shmups ( for Darius mainly) or install a dual boot in the mac mini

Also, I have great expectatives with vita tv when finally the scene breaks it. Running all psp and vita games in such a little device will be awesome. Moreover, In Spain it's being sold new for 29€ to finish all the remaining stock, seems it has been a huge sales fail here. At that price it is really a steal.

To be sincere, at first I hated digital games, but I started buying some digital vita games when were really cheaper than phisical copies, and now almost all my vita game catalogue is in digital. I have a 64gb and a 32gb cards crowded with games, and I am not worried about switching cartridges every time I want to play a game.

CTN

Post by CTN » January 4th, 2016, 10:56 am

bloodhokuto wrote:
CTN wrote:So with retail I'm good to go. Brilliant.

8-)

Yeah I hate the downloading trend these days, it is convenient at times, but the downsides outweigh the slight convenience.

Out of interest, what do you do about MAME on the Mac, I got MAME OS X running in Yosemite, but have had no joy with El Capitan. Guess I will have to go the SDL MAME route, but i'll never get round to fixing / d/l the correct romsets and sorting out scanlines! :(
My internet speed is frankly rubbish. If I would download modern games or stream movies in HD I would loose my sanity :problem:

I'm of no help here as I'm too lazy to even bother with MAME :oops: only thing I do is play some Super Famicom RPG with english rom hacks. But this I do on my old Snow Leopard machine. The El Capitan one I only use for my work. Why don't you bootcamp with WinXP if the game isn't too daunting it should work quite well.

Back on topic:
Is the Playstation TV really going to be discontinued? I better have to be quick to get one then, huh?