CPS1 SF2WW B Board Repair - What is this component?

Fixed a PCB? Tell us how!
Forum rules
You can add Repair Logs to the Wiki here.
Post Reply
User avatar
NoAffinity
Posts: 379
Joined: January 8th, 2017, 3:46 pm
Location: Escondido, CA, USA
eBay: noaffinity
Initials: CSG
Contact:

CPS1 SF2WW B Board Repair - What is this component?

Post by NoAffinity » February 18th, 2018, 3:22 pm

I've been puzzling over this one on and off for a while now. It was stuck in boot loop 90% of the time, the other 10% it would boot into the game but in black and white and/or serious color distortions. One time it came up showing work ram "NG". I tested and verified all socketed chips - all good. I've looked over the board with a magnifier probably 5 different times, looking for broken traces. Finally today, I looked at it again with fresh eyes and found FB2 missing. I pulled a replacement off a parts A board, and voila, it came right to life.

Now the question - what exactly is this componet (FB2)?

Image

User avatar
yosai
280bpm's too slow
Posts: 3593
Joined: August 17th, 2008, 5:00 pm
Location: London
eBay: yosai

Re: CPS1 SF2WW B Board Repair - What is this component?

Post by yosai » February 18th, 2018, 5:00 pm


User avatar
NoAffinity
Posts: 379
Joined: January 8th, 2017, 3:46 pm
Location: Escondido, CA, USA
eBay: noaffinity
Initials: CSG
Contact:

Re: CPS1 SF2WW B Board Repair - What is this component?

Post by NoAffinity » February 18th, 2018, 5:31 pm


Post Reply