Introduce yourself here!

New users start here!
Introductions, forum information, rules and guidelines.
ghostdawg57

Re: Introduce yourself here!

Post by ghostdawg57 »

Hi, my name's Iain.

I used to be on here as DraculaAD1972 (account musta been deleted due to inactivity) and the old forum and also the NeoGeo forum.

I have a NAOMI Uni cab which I use mainly for MAME but might be looking for some nice vert shmups too!

I have popped back on here because I have some eBay auctions coming up that some of you guys might be interested in.

Cheers good to be back!

Iain
neil2k1
Please Continue...
eBay: neil2k
Initials: LOS

Post by neil2k1 »

Hi Neil here,
Normally lurk over on NTSC-UK, looking to purchase my first cab real soon. A cocktail Missile Command would be first choice failing that an Astro City!
Glen Quagmire: Hello, 911? It's Quagmire. Yeah, it's caught in the window this time.
kernow
:problem: child
Initials: KRN

Post by kernow »

Hi Neil :awe: Welcome.
David... The wind blows... The wind blows... Bits of your... life awayee
Guavaman
Please Continue...

Post by Guavaman »

Greetings from Canada!

I'm a total beginner with cabs but I hope to one day be able to maintain a cab at home. After being inspired by my niece, I decided to get a cab and am I'm about 1-2 weeks away from getting either an Astro City or a Blast City. Long story short, I took my young niece (who loves to play Castle Crashers with me) to an arcade where she had a trip and I decided that I wanted a cab at home to improve our castle crashing experience. The kid is that legit...

Hope to learn lots and one day be able to contribute here.
davewellington
The Librarian
Initials: DAV

Post by davewellington »

Hey Guavaman, welcome to the forums ;) Lots of knowledgeable people here, and a flashy wiki to back it up :D Looking forward to seeing your first cabinet, would love a City myself.
all your wiki pages belong to me
theory
eBay: greigsmith

Post by theory »

Hello I'm Greig, been around lurking for a while as my cab was in storage. Now I've got the baby back :awe: Picked up an Egret 2 in 2007 on a group order organised by Mr Meg, Superpang and Vib. Just been enjoying my games again and checking CPS2 batteries. Good times :D
IDCHAPPY
c***3
eBay: Arcadedreams2013
Initials: IDC

Post by IDCHAPPY »

A big hello to all the new guys :D
cOcHiSe
Please Continue...
eBay: jeffc0_3
Initials: MAT

Post by cOcHiSe »

Hi
Have a couple woody cabs but am looking into getting a candy cab but don't know to much about them yet.
But I do Like the look of the Egret 2 & 3 cabs.
grobda
Please Continue...

Post by grobda »

Hi all, I'm Rick, for arcadey forums I picked the ID grobda, going back to mIRC chat days in ukvac circa 1999, and currently lurking in the Jammaplus and shmups forums. I collected a fair few boards back in the day and my interest comes and goes, built a 1943 'bartop' this summer (basically the top half of a jamma cab), and have a homemade supergun with a copy of chad gray's old megadrive pad decoder circuit. managed to get hold of two megadrive arcade sticks when cash converters still had them from time to time. Heard this place mentioned and when I wanted an autofire circuit for the bartop I found the writeup here so thought I'd join and say thanks and hello!
grobda @ jammaplus.com, ukvac.com, shmups.com and arcadeotaku.com
outrun2
eBay: thefonzzz
Initials: GAZ

Post by outrun2 »

Hi all, just a quick intro..

I've been pointed in this direction by whitecomet who I got chatting with via the JAMMA+ forums (hope that's not a dirty word here!?).

I've had an original OutRun upright since 1999 and I've gradually been restoring it over the years. It's pretty nice now but lives in the shed so using it in the winter is a bit of a no-no! The limited space has meant this has been my only cab but I have access to a garage now so the next project can begin..

OutRun is my first love so an OutRun2 sitdown is the next logical step ;) It'll be a conversion I guess as I've yet to see any OR2s for sale via the usual places, so I'll be after parts, artwork, hardware, software.. oh and a cab!! I've read a few iD to OR2 conversion threads - all very impressive :thumbup: I'm a newb to newer cabs though, so go easy on me!

I was given a link to some items for sale on here but wasn't authorised to view :?

All the best, Gary
Found:
Sega Model 3 Dirt Devils ROM board or complete boardset ;)
Devil Soundwave
Doesn't go to eleven
eBay: DevilSoundwave

Post by Devil Soundwave »

Not a dirty word, no. We like teh Jamma+ guys here, despite their odd fixation with old chip-board. ;)
outrun2
eBay: thefonzzz
Initials: GAZ

Post by outrun2 »

hehe, yes old chip-board and old chips!

I'm trying to ween myself off chipboard and onto metal now with the OR2 project 8-)
Found:
Sega Model 3 Dirt Devils ROM board or complete boardset ;)
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

I prefer ply. :think:
MatskaT
Please Continue...
Please allow myself to introduce....myself.

Post by MatskaT »

Hey everyone, I'm Mat$kaT!

I'm new to Arcade Otaku, and will probably be posting LOTS of questions in the future....

I'm a long time game enthusiast - I play mostly vertical scrolling shooting games, but enjoy all types of games.
Last year I began building custom joysticks for guys over on the forums at Shoryuken.com , it blossomed out from there and I also now have a trading post thread at the forums @ System11 Shmups.com.

I write a blog, focused mostly on arcade games and ports to home console : http://matskatcustoms.wordpress.com ... all in all it's a veiled attempt to sell more joysticks.

As trite as it is, I'm a huge fan of Cave - they just make the BEST shooters IMHO - I think it's the speed and pacing, the style of bullets and the sheer count of bullets that keep me interested. Also a fan of Raizing \ 8ing \ Toaplan.
IF you twisted my arm though, I'd say Capcom is my favorite developer - the first video game I ever completed was the first Mega Man on NES.

I recently made the jump and purchased my first cabinet, a Sega Aero City. I love it, and am in the midst of restoring it to it's original splendor.

Here's a pic:

I'm very enthusiastic about arcade games and love to build beautiful custom joysticks too - soon I'll post in the trading thread.
In the meantime here is a promo shot I made to show off my work:

I look forward to hearing from anyone here - I've been told that this forum is a wealth of info and the members are all nice and helpful. I hope that I can contribute!

Pleased to meet you all. Have a great day!
Last edited by MatskaT on August 21st, 2010, 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This is not similation. Get ready to destoroy the enemy. Target for the weak points of f██kin' machine. Do your best you have ever done."
cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools »

Moved and merged into existing sticky.

Welcome :D
IDCHAPPY
c***3
eBay: Arcadedreams2013
Initials: IDC

Re: Please allow myself to introduce....myself.

Post by IDCHAPPY »

MatskaT wrote:Hey everyone, I'm Mat$kaT!

I'm new to Arcade Otaku, and will probably be posting LOTS of questions in the future....

I'm a long time game enthusiast - I play mostly vertical scrolling shooting games, but enjoy all types of games.
Last year I began building custom joysticks for guys over on the forums at Shoryuken.com , it blossomed out from there and I also now have a trading post thread at the forums @ System11 Shmups.com.

I write a blog, focused mostly on arcade games and ports to home console : http://matskatcustoms.wordpress.com ... all in all it's a veiled attempt to sell more joysticks.

I recently made the jump and purchased my first cabinet, a Sega Aero City. I love it, and am in the midst of restoring it to it's original splendor.

Here's a pic:

I'm looking for someone \ somewhere I can get high resolution image files of the original CP artwork. Looking something like River Service's repro CP.
My cab, as you can see in the pic, has a Street Fighter II Turbo panel...it's old and cracked and smells funny and needs to be replaced. I want to keep this cab looking stock so I want the blue and white original "art".

If anyone can aim me in the right direction, I'd be very thankful.

Also wondering if anyone has figured out a way to smooth out minor dents and scrapes on these metal cabinets?

Well, I couldn't find an "Introductions" thread - so here one is ***MODS: If I posted out of turn \ wrong forum please move this post*****

I'm very enthusiastic about arcade games and love to build beautiful custom joysticks too - soon I'll post in the trading thread.
In the meantime here is a promo shot I made to show off my work:

I look forward to hearing from anyone here - I've been told that this forum is a wealth of info and the members are all nice and helpful. I hope that I can contribute!

Pleased to meet you all. Have a great day!
Nice cab and nice joysticks too bud :D
Alukid
Please Continue...

Post by Alukid »

Wellcome Mat$kaT, nice Aerocity.
Murdoc
Please Continue...
eBay: murdocderdon + murdocs-shop

Post by Murdoc »

Hi,

i am Helge from Germany and since years i wish to own an arcade cabinet. At the moment i just using a MAK on my TVs.
You should be prepared for a lot of n00b-questions if in the near future my dream comes tue :lol:

greets
tb2000
Please Continue...

Post by tb2000 »

Hi,

Just joined the forums. Looks like a another good place to be a member of! I actually found it searching for repair logs!
I've only got 3 cabs currently (Hang-On, Electrocoin Goliath Mk3, Deal 'Em, and plenty of pcb's), but I may well buy a big Candy cab or something in the future, when space/money permits. :D

Cheers, Tony
Paladin
Initials: BAA

Post by Paladin »

Hello all!

New member here from Washington state in the U.S. I've been into arcade games and pinball for about the last 10 years or so. It's more about the project side than playing the games for me, as I get obsessed getting a game up and running but then hardly play it once it's done. Each time I buy or sell a game I say it's my last, but something always comes up and I'll get rid of one and pick up something else. At this point I'm really trying to make my current lineup permanent and start enjoying what I've got.

My current game list:
Dr. Who pinball, Star Trek 25th Anniversary pinball, Tempest upright, Multi-Williams upright (using the JROK multi board), New Astro City, Blast City.

I've had the New Astro for about 2 months, and the Blast City is due to arrive later today. I decided to get a candy cab to use as a fun project since there are so many options of what you can do with one. So far I've mounted a single slot Neo Geo with a multi cart, and installed a Dreamcast in the New Astro. I recently rotated the monitor to see what games like Ikaruga and Under Defeat would look like in TATE and medium resolution, and liked it so much that I bought a Blast City to leave vertical and put the New Astro back into horizontal and standard res.

I've been a member on KLOV and BYOAC for years, but searching the net for information on these cabinets frequently led me here so I figured it was time to sign up!

Tom