Replacing Egret II monitor

For monitor related issues
caiolexis
Replacing Egret II monitor

Post by caiolexis » May 5th, 2009, 9:24 am

Hi all,

I am writing here for a bit of advise.

I have an Egret II Cabinet which I am renovating, now that I recieved a new Chassis for it, I would like to change the monitor as well.
Thing is that it seems hard/expensive to find new monitor for Egret II so I though about taking it from an old TV :think:

Does anyone know which TVs models I can look for in order to get the right monitor?

Thanks in advance for your help!
--
Alexis

penrhos
Panel Beater
eBay: ngpd002

Re: Replacing Egret II monitor

Post by penrhos » May 5th, 2009, 12:18 pm

It'll be fine but you need to get a tube with the correct curvature that isn't too deep to fit the rotate cradle.

A tube starting A68xxxxxxxx is what your looking for.

I have some tubes in the shed - I'll get the tape measure out.
2 * Vewlix Diamond Blacks,2 * Vewlix-F, 1 * Sega Rally 3, 1 * Video Pinball, 1 * DinoKing (JAMMA Converted).

caiolexis

Post by caiolexis » May 5th, 2009, 12:49 pm

Hi penrhos,

thanks for the info.
If you have some tubes in the shed, perhaps you've got one for sale?

As well, when you say A68xxxxxxxx, which make is that? Can I just search for specific types of TV like Samsung 29" ?

Cheers,
--
Alexis

penrhos
Panel Beater
eBay: ngpd002

Post by penrhos » May 5th, 2009, 5:16 pm

Tube identification sticker - A68 = 68cm = 29"

TV tubes a "A" grade, Arcade monitors are "C" grade so any reasonable TV tube is going to be better than an arcade one (JAMMA is CGA in computer terms)

If your looking at TV's obviously your looking at 4:3 for a start almost any TV tube should be adaptable its getting the correct curvature & depth thats going to be hard :-

Sony trinitron - NO - has funky electron guns and I'm pretty sure you can't get an arcade chassis to fit.

Toshiba - obvious choice, you would think they have toshiba tubes fitted - wrong but still a good choice.
2 * Vewlix Diamond Blacks,2 * Vewlix-F, 1 * Sega Rally 3, 1 * Video Pinball, 1 * DinoKing (JAMMA Converted).