Forum rules
ArcadeOtaku forum introduction & rules
Kornte
eBay: Kornte
Initials: Cyr

MS9 29S Dead monitor HELP !!

Post by Kornte » June 11th, 2018, 10:16 am

Hello

I have a problem with my Sega Astro City with ms9 29s chassoboard.
When i Power on eveything seems okey , it crackles and the neck glows.Sound and the game starts, byt i have no picture what so ever ? No static on screen.

I tried without a game and maxed the screen pot in the flyback but i cant se any raster or anything.

I changed the HOT with the same result!

The AC in measured about 134VAC but the fuse on the board is OK.

nem

Re: MS9 29S Dead monitor HELP !!

Post by nem » June 11th, 2018, 10:27 am

Your AC is way too high. It's 30% more than what it should be. There's a transformer at fault, you should fix it. It won't fix your chassis, but when you eventually get your original chassis fixed or you get a replacement for it, you won't blow another one.

Kornte

Post by Kornte » June 11th, 2018, 10:56 am

nem wrote:Your AC is way too high. It's 30% more than what it should be. There's a transformer at fault, you should fix it. It won't fix your chassis, but when you eventually get your original chassis fixed or you get a replacement for it, you won't blow another one.
Yes i know , i have ordered a new stepdown transformer for that ( live in Sweden so 230V from wallsocket)

Kornte

Post by Kornte » June 13th, 2018, 11:11 am

Anybidy have a clue what i should do? I am going too recap the chassi but is there anything else that can make this fault? Eweything seems okej but.no picture wat so ever . Tried disconnect the game and maxed out SCREEN pot in flyback but cant see Amy raster or anything.