Rotating 1st Naomi CRT - anything I need to know?

For monitor related issues
Parris
The ¥100 Ashtray
Rotating 1st Naomi CRT - anything I need to know?

Post by Parris » March 5th, 2009, 5:19 pm

I am just about to rotate my first Naomi CRT monitor to use it with Psyvariar 2 - Before I start, is there anything I need to know, any steps that are not initially obvious or common mistakes people make? Don't want to screw it up!

It looks a simple enough job, but hate fiddling with monitors.

From what I can see I remove the surround, rotate the plastic first of all. Lay it to one side

Secondly, remove monitor, take off brackets and rotate the monitor, re fit the brackets and slot it back in.

Seem correct?

chubsta
I'm getting too old for this shit...
eBay: chubsta

Re: Rotating 1st Naomi CRT - anything I need to know?

Post by chubsta » March 5th, 2009, 5:27 pm

in mine i just make sure the wires, including earth are disconnected, then grab it and rotate it - i dont need to remove any brackets from the monitor, the brackets fit in either orientation - i have the sanwa 29e31 btw. dead simple job, although a little heavy, as the monitor is in a cage i tend to rest it on the black frame mount for a second or two befor lifting it back onto the mounting bolts...

Parris
The ¥100 Ashtray

Post by Parris » March 5th, 2009, 5:39 pm

chubsta wrote:in mine i just make sure the wires, including earth are disconnected, then grab it and rotate it - i dont need to remove any brackets from the monitor, the brackets fit in either orientation - i have the sanwa 29e31 btw. dead simple job, although a little heavy, as the monitor is in a cage i tend to rest it on the black frame mount for a second or two befor lifting it back onto the mounting bolts...
Okay, that sounds even more simple than I thought. I hope all these screens / brackets are pretty much the same and can be 'tated so easily! Thank you!

fagin

Post by fagin » March 5th, 2009, 5:43 pm

As said, it is easy to do. I had to put both tubes in my Naomi's on my own whilst the tubes were on the floor. Hoofed them both straight in, whilst trying not to pull my back out. You are lucky.... you only have to pull out at one height, rotate and square up to go back in. :D

Parris
The ¥100 Ashtray

Post by Parris » March 5th, 2009, 10:10 pm

Yeah, I swapped out a couple of CRT monitors on an upright Naomi cabinet and that was pretty painful actually. Horrah for sit down units! ;-)

cools
Armed Police Buttrider
eBay: hordarian
Initials: CLS

Post by cools » March 5th, 2009, 10:20 pm

Hurrah for Psyvariar games :D

Parris
The ¥100 Ashtray

Post by Parris » March 6th, 2009, 5:10 pm

cools wrote:Hurrah for Psyvariar games :D
Yeah, it looks really cool and I can't wait to have a shot once I get back on Sunday night !