Egret 2 with Betson or BilLabs?

For monitor related issues
klin
Egret 2 with Betson or BilLabs?

Post by klin » February 25th, 2009, 12:02 am

I am in process of getting a Egret 2 with burned in monitor, and I'm thinking changing the monitor to either BilLabs BL27CA1Q or Betson tri sync monitor. Does anyone on forum have experience fitting either monitor into the turn table?

As far as the bezel, I am able to get either Egret 2 original or Atomisware flat bezel, which bezel fits better for each of the monitor?

thank you, I searched on the forum only getting results on other monitors.....

Kevin

klin
Re: Egret 2 with Betson or BilLabs?

Post by klin » February 25th, 2009, 12:20 am

also is there any limitations on cable length while rotating the screen, I should be aware of before I make a purchase on the monitor?

thank you

Kevin

thchardcore

Post by thchardcore » February 25th, 2009, 8:42 am

At worst, you would need to make some adjustments to the original frame from the nanao or adapt the billabs frame...Not sure on the rotation function becoming impaired ;) . Anyone?
15khz upscaled is cheating

Mayhem
eBay: Mayhem_SWE

Post by Mayhem » February 25th, 2009, 9:04 am

Depends on the curvature of the tube, if they're similar to the original it might work. No way you're going to fit a pure-flat tube inside the turntable though.
Once I start I cannot stop myself

yosai
Windy City
eBay: yosai

Post by yosai » February 26th, 2009, 10:06 am

klin wrote:also is there any limitations on cable length while rotating the screen, I should be aware of before I make a purchase on the monitor?
When the E2 monitor rotates the chassis remains stationary. From experience the yoke wires are normally ok but you'll probably need to lengthen the ground wire and maybe the degauss.