Yellow streaks on white screens?

For monitor related issues
Xenepp

Yellow streaks on white screens?

Post by Xenepp » February 11th, 2009, 11:11 am

I was having a quick go on Espgaluda the other day and noticed I was getting what I can only describe as yellow "stains" on pure white screens that sort of rise up from the bottom. I took a snap which shows it best:

I'd not noticed before but it seems to do it on DOJ too. Any ideas on what's causing this?

Also, I get quite a bit of bounce on lighter screens too. Is there any way to thwart that?

-Joel

kernow
:problem: child
Initials: KRN

Re: Yellow streaks on white screens?

Post by kernow » February 11th, 2009, 12:28 pm

Have you measured the +5?

I thought you sold that cab! :?

Could it be something to do with how the PS2 is connected?
David... The wind blows... The wind blows... Bits of your... life awayee

Xenepp

Post by Xenepp » February 11th, 2009, 1:05 pm

I made sure the voltages were all balanced when I got the machine. It could be the sync converter I knocked up tbh, I made that so long ago I forgot it was even there. I've not got a JAMMA board here to try :(

I was selling this to Alan for IC but it turns out he doesn't need it. I'm glad anyhow, I was regretting it more each day that passed. :awe:

-Joel

Xenepp

Post by Xenepp » February 22nd, 2009, 1:37 pm

Turns out it was the sync separator. The voltage the PS2 supplies isn't strong enough so I used the cab +5 and now its running fine :)

I've noticed my geometry is out now though :( I'll have to have a go at fixing that next, though I think it might have to wait until I have the time! :roll:

-Joel