Vewlix/NAC/Egret/Windy etc - Coin Reject Credit Button Kits

Arcade cabinets, control panels, joysticks, harnesses...
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
geldra

Re: Vewlix/NAC/Egret/Windy etc - Coin Reject Credit Button Kits

Post by geldra »

Love it!

Sign me up for a NAC and an E2 please.

Wonder if the E2 variant would fit a Canary. :penser:
FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Post by FrancoB »

Added the extras, thanks :thumbupright:

geldra wrote: January 23rd, 2023, 11:25 am Wonder if the E2 variant would fit a Canary. :penser:
If you can take a few pictures of the Canary coin door/mech I could probably soon tell you. :)

-----------------------------

I'm still waiting on one set of terminals to arrive. In the mean time I've been making the mounts and working on some other parts. Hopefully I'll have some ready soon.
emphatic
Breastfeeds when required
eBay: jorgen_sjolander
Initials: JOR

Post by emphatic »

Oh, well, sign me up for 2 pieces for E2, please. I love your "stuff" too much to pass. :fastlove:
bloodhokuto
eBay: coryoon

Post by bloodhokuto »

This looks great, could you sign me up for 1x E2 please?

Ta.
crunchywasp
stompin' an' jumpin'
eBay: crunchywasp
Initials: MAK

Post by crunchywasp »

Awesome work as always Franco 8-)

I’m in for 1 of Astro and 1 of Vewlix please.
FrancoB

Post by FrancoB »

Thanks gentlemates, added you all :fastlove: :thumbupright:

I've got some more parts in to make these now, before I do I just want to check with some of you to see if the microswitches/terminals on the coin mechs I have are common to most cabs out there.. Please take a look at this picture and if possible take a look at the microswitches on your cab(s).

As you can see, they all seem to have the standard 'radial' type terminals that point out the side of the microswitch body, the only one that is different is the E2 one where the terminals have a 90 degree bend as they come out of the microswitch body. I don't know if the E2 is an oddball or if this is a replacement microswitch.

I thought I might be able to use the same kit for the E2/E3/AWSD but if the pictures above are representative of all E2s and AWSD then the bottom wiring will need to be a little different at least. The main things I would like to know at this point it:

*E2 owners, are your microswitch terminals axial like in the image above?

*AWSD owners, are your microswitch terminals radial like in the image above?

*Astro City/Astro City 2/Blast owners, are your microswitch terminals radial like in the NAC image above?

*Windy Owners, are your microswitch terminals radial like in the image above?

*Vewlix owners, are your microswitch terminals radial like in the image above?

I don't need 100 replies from people saying they are the same as above.... once hopefully we have a few messages saying they are the same then I can hopefully tie a 'version' down. After that I would be more interested in hearing from people who says theirs are different from above.

I realise that its quite likely that microswitches may have been changed from their first install and may not be 'stock' but hopefully there will be some commonality.

Just FYI, I can't use the same 'straight' type of terminals that would fit both types of terminals above. I'm mainly using right angle ones as they are required for clearance for opening/closing the coin door and these will not fit the 'axial' style in the E2 picture above.

Doing this would be a great help as I don't want to make and send a ton of kits out only to find they don't fit.

Thanks! :awe:
FrancoB

Post by FrancoB »

Well you lot are of no help :lol: :awe:

It's all good though, I've had enough feedback elsewhere and I think I know what's what.

It looks like the kit made for the Astro/Blast etc will also fit the Aero City so I've added that to the list of supported cabs. I'll get one tested to confirm.

Also, thanks to @Brettster for sending me his mech I should also be able to make them from the PRas3 if required :thumbupright:

I've got all the parts in to make the first batch and I have some more on order. I've updated the OP with some additional pictures/info and I'll paste it again here for anyone reading the last posts:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vewlix example below. See further down the post for other cabinets

All of the kits have adjustment built in so you can fit the microswitch in the optimum position. It should be fitted so that the microswitch is actuated right at the end of the reject button travel.

The kit consists of a 3D printed mount, a fitted microswitch, wiring loom including piggy back connectors, a self adhesive aluminum cable clip and a couple of cable ties for additional cable management. If any additional nuts/bolts etc are required then these are also included.

The kits are easy to fit but there is a URL printed on the label that will take to a fitting guide for each version (currently WIP)

Check the spoilers below for pictures of the kits:

---------------------------------------------------------
Taito

*Egret 2/3

*Vewlix

Sega

*Aero City
*Blast City
*Astro City/Astro City 2/New Astro City

*PRas3
^WIP

Atomiswave
*AWSD

Konami

*Windy / II
emphatic
Breastfeeds when required
eBay: jorgen_sjolander
Initials: JOR

Post by emphatic »

Looks great. I'm about to move to a new apartment, so I had a hard time taking pictures to help. :angel:
FrancoB

Post by FrancoB »

@emphatic No problem man. New pad, awesome! Space for more cabs? :awe: Moving cabs ain't fun though, especially E2s! Good luck with it all :)

PRas3 added:

I should be in a position to start shipping some of these this week. For a start I'm going to send them out to some of the UK guys to install/test as it will be much easier to rectify anything domestically should I need too. There's also been a ['cyber incident'] at Royal Mail over the last few weeks which stopped international shipping completely. It sounds like some international services are now running but not all. Sending some of the UK ones out first should hopefully give time for all the options to be available again and clear what I imagine is a big backlog of parcels.
matt5cott
eBay: matt5cott
Initials: MAT

Post by matt5cott »

Interested in kits for the following please.

AWSD
New Astro
Irem Madonna
MVS U4-33
Canary

I can do close up pictures for you if you want, and while I'm doing that I guess I can find the time to get some shots of the coin mechs.
geldra

Post by geldra »

Stick me down for a Windy 2 n’all please. :)