egret cabs

Trying to find something? Request it in here.
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
Jan
“Egrets, I’ve had a few...”
eBay: voll gerne

Re: egret cabs

Post by Jan » August 29th, 2019, 2:55 pm

He was not, don‘t worry.

DaveyD
eBay: Dr_Daph
Initials: DPD

Post by DaveyD » August 29th, 2019, 3:17 pm

johnbud wrote:
August 29th, 2019, 2:26 MP
..... i am trying to open a venue ....
Why not just go for astro city machines? They have the same monitors and controls as fitted in egrets, sell for a nicer price than the egrets, are easier to get hold of... and most importantly they are nicer on the eye than the egret cabs :awe: ;)

pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe » August 29th, 2019, 3:25 pm

I agree. Astros make much more sense for a venue.

markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 » August 29th, 2019, 3:26 pm

Anyone know where he can get 10?

pubjoe

Post by pubjoe » August 29th, 2019, 3:28 pm

Well, for that matter why narrow it down to any amount of cab types. But ten Astros sounds like a much easier shopping list than ten E2s.

aerobert
eBay: romajoh

Post by aerobert » August 29th, 2019, 3:42 pm

Ok we are hijacking his WTB thread now. Sorry I did not want this to spiral, and I certainly didn't want salty comments, but I'm sure @nem didn't mean to either.

Jan

Post by Jan » August 29th, 2019, 3:43 pm

markedkiller78 wrote:
August 29th, 2019, 3:26 MP
Anyone know where he can get 10?
E2s? :penser: not @12k, that‘s for sure

johnbud
Initials: ELF

Post by johnbud » August 29th, 2019, 4:10 pm

i have already secured the cabs for downstairs ??? the problem i have is a small stairway which i need to conquer ;) if i take the E2 control panel off i can get them upstairs 8-) i have sufficient funds to attempt this venture but unless i can score about 6- 8 cabs it will be a non starter :whoa: it will be a club of sorts intended for serious gamers who prefer the real deal instead of home gaming. i will of course be using invites to bring in some respected gamers and tech heads. i supply cabs every year to events in the U.K. and it would be nice to see some candy and cave out there. i only have until the end of october to hit europe ;)

nem

Post by nem » August 29th, 2019, 4:51 pm

Jan wrote:
August 29th, 2019, 2:21 MP
but when prices for import E2 reach 1500€-2000€, i can see that people don`t sell their cabs for less.

That's just the thing, people are happy when they can get back whatever money they put in. The cabs in Sweden were mostly imported, I don't know, 10 years ago. I think sven imported a bunch, they were 600 euros IIRC. Going from 600 to 800 euros in 10 years is pretty damn reasonable.

You could still have that today (like the Yaton cabs), but there's no community effort any more. I think that died with Killercabs.

johnbud wrote:
August 29th, 2019, 4:10 MP
the problem i have is a small stairway which i need to conquer ;) if i take the E2 control panel off i can get them upstairs 8-)

While I don't really like the cab, the Blast City is like this. The control panel is held on with 6 or 8 bolts.

Jan

Post by Jan » August 29th, 2019, 4:59 pm

but the rissen prices are what makes People consider selling them in the first place, most of the time anyway.

jugemscloud
Monster Basher

Post by jugemscloud » August 29th, 2019, 5:47 pm

whilst its nice to dream and i would love to see 10 e2s in scotland, i don't believe its realistic and agree with jan at £12k its not going to get you that many unless your importing direct from asia and have some really good contacts sorting the logistics over there and a nice bit of luck on top.

go for the segas especially if time is a factor i could see you sorting up to 10 astros, aeros and nacs in the time mentioned (don't bother with blasts theres nothing you'd be putting in there that requires the 31k) or even chopped naomis get the the place up and running at minimal cost then upgrade from there. also if your going to have that many the main purpose of having an e2 is the rotate mech which is obsolescent with that many cabs, and theres not much hori stuff i could see you putting in the cabs that needs a 29" monitor (5 games max off the top of my head)

also imo a nice twin driver (with id or or2) would get as much use if not more with the space if u have that many candys running

have cash will travel and pillage hospitals :awe: good luck with the hunt
[+] Spoiler...

nem

Post by nem » August 29th, 2019, 6:13 pm

Jan wrote:
August 29th, 2019, 4:59 MP
but the rissen prices are what makes People consider selling them in the first place, most of the time anyway.

I don't agree with that at all. People sell cabs because of losing interest or because of life changes like downsizing or moving.

thegreathopper
Geese's Bodyguard
eBay: thegreathopper
Initials: STV

Post by thegreathopper » August 29th, 2019, 6:37 pm

What happened to Ralph and all his Aero’s? That would make a great arcade and with the best Candy cabs :) maybe they are for sale...

Jan

Post by Jan » August 29th, 2019, 7:06 pm

nem wrote:
August 29th, 2019, 6:13 MP
Jan wrote:
August 29th, 2019, 4:59 MP

I don't agree with that at all. People sell cabs because of losing interest or because of life changes like downsizing or moving.

Sure and getting twice the money they paid will definitely make the decision much easier. But that is nothing unusual, at some point the benefit of the money outweighs the benefit you get from an item.

pubjoe

Post by pubjoe » August 30th, 2019, 3:47 am

I can’t disagree. I wasn’t going to sell my old Pony at any price. Until I was offered a price I’d sell my old Pony at.
thegreathopper wrote:
August 29th, 2019, 6:37 MP
What happened to Ralph and all his Aero’s? That would make a great arcade and with the best Candy cabs :) maybe they are for sale...
Noooooo, don’t tempt him!

pubjoe

Post by pubjoe » August 30th, 2019, 4:02 am

aerobert wrote:
August 29th, 2019, 3:42 MP
Ok we are hijacking his WTB thread now.
You’re right. But unless I’m being naive I don’t see anything negative toward Johnbud. I think we’re all excited about his project.

I know it’s really annoying to receive unasked advice of “erm, dunno, but why don’t you do xyz instead?” after posting a clear request, but.....

Astros aren’t that hard to dismantle for stairs. I’ve only done it just the once and was surprised at how easy it was.

johnbud

Post by johnbud » August 30th, 2019, 11:54 am

@duncan i already have a twin or2 on order 8-) that is part of the downstairs set up. the shop has been viewed and suits my needs ??? it is detached and in an open area just off main st. keep your eye on my page i will be inviting the usual mob to help measure and give any advice that may be required. i have been offered a helping hand on the cab front and will talk to the seller regards timescale etc. as for hijacking the thread ??? i see it as a free bump and getting people to talk :D

zipper
eBay: bazpatts
Initials: BAZ

Post by zipper » August 30th, 2019, 3:10 pm

As pubjoe says, it's not too much trouble to break up a NAC to get it up and down stairs once it's in bits. Mine's been up and down narrow stairs a couple of times.
Not mine - but this is what I mean... http://1play100yen.blogspot.com/2011/08 ... -city.html
I'd love to have a candy arcade to visit - good luck with it.

jugemscloud
Monster Basher

Post by jugemscloud » August 30th, 2019, 4:45 pm

johnbud wrote:
August 30th, 2019, 11:54 am
@duncan i already have a twin or2 on order 8-) that is part of the downstairs set up. the shop has been viewed and suits my needs ??? it is detached and in an open area just off main st. keep your eye on my page i will be inviting the usual mob to help measure and give any advice that may be required. i have been offered a helping hand on the cab front and will talk to the seller regards timescale etc. as for hijacking the thread ??? i see it as a free bump and getting people to talk :D
sounds like its shaping up nicely, offers still open to paint the van can do the arcade as well once its setup just sort the paint 8-)

johnbud

Post by johnbud » August 30th, 2019, 5:23 pm

so here's the deal on the place ??? £10 entry freeplay for 6-8 hours. it is intended to also be a members club ??? you can pop down anytime and have a blast :D obviously all members will be vetted :lol: all the cabs including twin racer will roll out the door ??? disabled access, toilets etc 8-) i can bring down the big van and roll them on and we can do pinball meets too 8-) there is a kitchen and storage cupboard which i would like to utilise ??? i can get a food dispensing machine and if anybody knows a suitable wholesaler and perhaps suggestions on snacks that would be magic too :D