WTB: SNK SC-25

Trying to find something? Request it in here.
Topics are pruned after 90 days of inactivity.
radiantsvgun
eBay: Radiantsvgun
Initials: RIC

Re: WTB: SNK SC-25

Post by radiantsvgun »

nem wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 10:00 am
AteThePrincess wrote:
September 15th, 2020, 5:50 pm
I wish he'd just leave them "as-found" and pass them on to people to restore, rather than spray paint them poorly and hack up the wiring... It takes more work to undo his work than to just restore it from the get-go.
What's sad is I actually told him not to rework any of the cabs he was selling me (he calls it 'renovation'). He still **** did it. Just last week I was working on a 'renovated' Versus City. Good lord, it's just full of dumb repairs after another. The PSU was replaced with one that doesn't have test and service buttons. The yoke wires were cut in the middle, swapped, twist tied together and then taped, all because the connector was set to 'reverse'. The audio output was hacked to ****, because whoever worked on it can't read a wiring diagram. The original Versus City panel was absolutely trashed. The mounting plate was ground out with an angle grinder and the stick was mounted through the panel with carriage bolts. The original lighting fixtures were replaced with whatever cheapest Chinese replacements you could find. All the AC wires in the topper were cut and twist tied together. Both sets of winner lights light up now when you plug it in. Great, except that's not how it's supposed to work.

Those are all something I can fix or get replacements for, but then there's the exterior. He painted over the whole **** cab, inside and out. Inside all the rust was painted over with silver paint, sloppily. None of the wiring was taken out or masked. So now I have four feet worth of wiring harness that's in silver. Try to make heads and tails out of it. Outside is a **** mess. There's the middle bar holding both sides together. Here's how it looks:

versus_city_yaton_renovation.jpg

Why would you mask it like that?? Also, the white that was used is this weird vanilla color, and the paint is thick, like on old furniture.

Apologies for the rant. I'm livid just thinking about it. By far the worst purchases I have ever made.

Bump for you.
That sounds just like my Windy II, that thing was a mess inside and out. Were you able to salvage those MAS-25 cabs?
aerobert
eBay: romajoh

Post by aerobert »

I knew Yatons cabs were far from perfect but this sheds a horrible (and hilarious) light on it all. :lolno:
nem

Post by nem »

radiantsvgun wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 11:41 am
That sounds just like my Windy II, that thing was a mess inside and out. Were you able to salvage those MAS-25 cabs?
Let's just say they're still on my to do list :lol:

Actually, in retrospect, those cabs I'm pretty happy with. Sure, the condition was way worse than I expected, but atleast they weren't meddled with. So that was the first container I got from him. I then told him I was more or less happy with it and I can take a second, bigger container. I told him repeatedly I wanted the cabs 'as is', just like the MAS cabs. That's where I got **** up. The container I received next was full of badly repaired junk. Out of 35 cabs five were maybe decent. I'll probably be still fixing these cabs in a retirement home.

If I was smart, I should just junk a bunch of them and admit defeat. Lesson learned, etc. I think I remember reading that someone had junked the lot of Cyber Leads that came from Yaton. Smart man.
radiantsvgun
eBay: Radiantsvgun
Initials: RIC

Post by radiantsvgun »

nem wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 12:17 pm
radiantsvgun wrote:
September 16th, 2020, 11:41 am
Let's just say they're still on my to do list :lol:

Actually, in retrospect, those cabs I'm pretty happy with. Sure, the condition was way worse than I expected, but atleast they weren't meddled with. So that was the first container I got from him. I then told him I was more or less happy with it and I can take a second, bigger container. I told him repeatedly I wanted the cabs 'as is', just like the MAS cabs. That's where I got **** up. The container I received next was full of badly repaired junk. Out of 35 cabs five were maybe decent. I'll probably be still fixing these cabs in a retirement home.

If I was smart, I should just junk a bunch of them and admit defeat. Lesson learned, etc. I think I remember reading that someone had junked the lot of Cyber Leads that came from Yaton. Smart man.

The Cyberleads do not surprise me at all- the plastics on a lot of them are brittle and prone to cracks. 5 out of 35 cabs, wow.... and I had similar problems with the windy 2- I spent so much time fixing all of the hacked up wiring- There was an isolation transformer that they yanked out of the cabinet, and they did not properly fix the wiring, and a lot of the power and ground cables were cut and just left hanging. Underneath the cp was a hacked up mess too..... And that was just one cab, I can't imagine doing a restoration on 30+ cabs. I digress, I never learn, and if I could get another Windy 2 or Windy 1 from him I might take a gamble.

Hopefully he has was OP is looking for- hes been looking for a SC-25 for a long time now.