Cyberlead woes

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
JackBurton
Cyberlead woes

Post by JackBurton » February 27th, 2019, 11:10 am

So I picked up a cyberlead a few weeks ago. Tried it with a Stepdown converter, not realising it was converted to 220v. Tried it with 220v and it won't power on, keeps blowing the 4A fuse instantly.

I've tested the internal Stepdown and there's about 107 coming out of it (waiting to get a more reliable reading tomorrow) anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

I see some crispy connections on the board. Any help in the right direction or know cyberlead issues really appreciated.

Thanks

Pictures here

nem

Re: Cyberlead woes

Post by nem » February 27th, 2019, 12:44 pm

Start by looking in to where the AC goes to, the black and white wires. The green wire is for earth ground, don't worry about that for now.

An obvious suspect would be the PSU. Disconnect the input wires from that and see if at least the monitor turns on.
JackBurton wrote:
February 27th, 2019, 11:10 am
So I picked up a cyberlead a few weeks ago. Tried it with a Stepdown converter, not realising it was converted to 220v.
It came from China. China is 220V. It was also stored in a warehouse that suffered water damage. It's rewarding to fix one of these cabs, but it's a lot of work.

JackBurton

Post by JackBurton » February 27th, 2019, 2:03 pm

Hopefully I'll get some time into it tonight.

Once I get it powered on it will be grand then. Cleaning up body work and all physical stuff is no problem to me. Unfortunately I'm not much for the electronics side.

I got this from Ronnie, it was working when he sent it anyway so that's something.

Just noticed last night too, the speakers have broken away from their fixings. I never copped it before, they could be causing a short from touching the monitor?

Sp33dFr34k
eBay: 3d_collector

Post by Sp33dFr34k » February 27th, 2019, 5:48 pm

The plastic speaker shrouds are very very brittle, I broke one of PascalP's Cyberlead by barely touching it :(

nem

Post by nem » February 28th, 2019, 3:18 pm

JackBurton wrote:
February 27th, 2019, 2:03 MP
I got this from Ronnie, it was working when he sent it anyway so that's something.
That's pretty funny. I wouldn't have thought Ronnie would pick up cabs from Yaton.