JVS I/O

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
mozie
Initials: JON

JVS I/O

Post by mozie »

Trying to wire up controls for a naomi with revision 1 I/O and a couple of quick questions, first does anyone know where I can purchase the 60 pin RA connector and also what exactly do I need to take from it, only looking for a 1 player 6 button setup so is it just a ground/6 buttons/directions/test and service switch I need? What's the purpose of the +5 and +12's on the I/O. Iam presuming there there to power lights /guns/etc. Thanks
FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Re: JVS I/O

Post by FrancoB »

mozie wrote:Trying to wire up controls for a naomi with revision 1 I/O and a couple of quick questions, first does anyone know where I can purchase the 60 pin RA connector and also what exactly do I need to take from it, only looking for a 1 player 6 button setup so is it just a ground/6 buttons/directions/test and service switch I need? What's the purpose of the +5 and +12's on the I/O. Iam presuming there there to power lights /guns/etc. Thanks
You can get the 60 pin RA connector and pins from [Giz10p]

Pinout is [here]

You need 5v in on CN7 and 12v in on CN1 to power the IO (I'm not 100% sure you need 12v in to make the IO work but I've always wired it up for good measure)

CN2 (12v power out) and CN8 (5v power out) are/can be used for driving lamps, secondary IOs, power source for Rasp Pi etc etc.

You can then just wire up the ground/6 buttons/directions/test and service switch etc as required. The only other thing I would note is that you have to create a loop/bridge between pins 1 and 3 (+5v to +5v) on the 60 pin RA connector otherwise no digital controls will work. That one has caught me out a couple of times. :roll:
mozie
Initials: JON

Post by mozie »

Nice one I'am sure that would have had me scratching my head for a bit. Thanks a mill Franco.
FrancoB
J+ member of the year finalist!
eBay: francosquashking
Initials: FRN

Post by FrancoB »

No problemo, you're more than welcome :)
Sp33dFr34k
eBay: 3d_collector

Post by Sp33dFr34k »

That 60 pin JST RA is nowhere to be found except for giz10p, lifesaver :)

And just 1 addition to Franco, you don't need the 12v hooked up. I've wired a JVS IO in my NAC to work as a passthrough (simultaneous jamma & JVS controls) and works fine with just the 5v.

Here's a pinout: http://triplemoonstar.brinkster.net/the ... ockid=1718