Naomi Club Kart Prize

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
moorker1
eBay: moorker1
Initials: CGS

Naomi Club Kart Prize

Post by moorker1 » July 19th, 2014, 11:04 pm

Hello all, I have been offered a club kart prize upright naomi cab fairly cheap and wondered if they're any good and what specs they have as in hardware/monitor?. Also are they easy to change to joystick or compatible with other racing games. Thanks for any info :)
Why oh why do I have to tinker with things!!! Doh

Johnnychaos
eBay: Keyamon

Re: Naomi Club Kart Prize

Post by Johnnychaos » July 19th, 2014, 11:32 pm

If it's the big wooden one then I wouldn't bother. People struggle to give those away. If it's the white normal Naomi looking one then that would be cool. It'll be running a Naomi 2 system.

moorker1

Post by moorker1 » July 19th, 2014, 11:42 pm

Yeah it's the naomi white machine, looks just like a naomi universal. So it'll be running naomi 2 mobo? Is it compatible with other racing games? Would it be easy to change to a standard joystick cab? Sorry bout 20 questions? :)

muddymusic

Post by muddymusic » July 19th, 2014, 11:47 pm

You could play Crazy Taxi on it - it's a very expensive cart though - outrun 2 would run but you'd need to swap out the mobo for a Chihiro which again is a very expensive setup.
Swapping the panel for a joystick one is possible but you'd probably spend as much doing that as you would for a complete Naomi universal cab.
It would be a great candidate for a multi driver using mame if you fancied doing that, a jvs-pac plugs straight in to existing loom, you have a good range of controls and the monitor is VGA.
Repro artwork supplier, MP or visit http://www.arcadeartshop.com

Johnnychaos
eBay: Keyamon

Post by Johnnychaos » July 19th, 2014, 11:50 pm

LorisBiaggi
eBay: neominibox

Post by LorisBiaggi » July 20th, 2014, 11:12 am

If you make a setup with a CF reader or raspberry with naopi you can play crazy taxi, club cart (prize is worse), initial D 1\2\3, jambo safari...
----------- Neo Mini Box -----------

moorker1

Post by moorker1 » July 22nd, 2014, 11:49 pm

Well I bought the machine couldn't resist, I have definitely now pushed my garage to breaking point and need to have a proper sort out. The thread for the initial d conversion looks awesome. I think I'll have to def ask for some pointers as there is a lot going on in the club kart machine I'm unsure of. Just wish I had more free time I've been buying a lot but not had any time with work to get any of it sorted. My garage is now full of 5 machines and none are fully working!!! Oh and I managed to break my rear van window when collecting the machine which has been a real pain in the butt!!! Arcade machines are dangerously addictive :)

Devil Soundwave
Doesn't go to eleven
eBay: DevilSoundwave

Post by Devil Soundwave » July 23rd, 2014, 12:18 am

Bad luck on the window mate. I reckon the multi-driver mame option is the best on for that cab. Is it possible to chop a driver Naomi Uni so that you can sit comfortably?

moorker1

Post by moorker1 » July 24th, 2014, 9:54 pm

The hopper mobo is this machine is massive! Is there any use to anybody for the hopper related parts in these machines or do they have any value?? Mame multi racer does sound tasty!! I would love a week of work right now!! :)

moorker1

Post by moorker1 » August 30th, 2014, 11:26 pm

I just found a thread about using part of the hopper mobo to make a virtua fighter 4 cartridge, has anyone done this?

p1pkin

Post by p1pkin » September 3rd, 2014, 1:48 pm

It depends on what exactly Prize cab setup you have. there are two types of them.
older ones have additional Naomi mobo + hopper cartridge (basically VF4Evo cart with EPR changed) + special IO-board, newer - have special SH-IO board instead of all mentioned.

moorker1

Post by moorker1 » September 6th, 2014, 9:18 pm

Devil Soundwave wrote:Bad luck on the window mate. I reckon the multi-driver mame option is the best on for that cab. Is it possible to chop a driver Naomi Uni so that you can sit comfortably?

Thanks bud got the window sorted on the insurance. Is it a hard job to convert to mame I've only ever used coinops based emulation?? Not sure about a chop as the sub and service board sits between the cp and the base. :)

moorker1

Post by moorker1 » September 6th, 2014, 9:19 pm

p1pkin wrote:It depends on what exactly Prize cab setup you have. there are two types of them.
older ones have additional Naomi mobo + hopper cartridge (basically VF4Evo cart with EPR changed) + special IO-board, newer - have special SH-IO board instead of all mentioned.

Thanks I'm gonna pop the hood tomorrow and start removing the bits fingers crossed :)

FriedGoat
eBay: Friedg0at

Post by FriedGoat » March 6th, 2019, 4:28 pm

What became of this project in the end?
I myself have got a club kart prize machine and MAN is this game awful.
I NEED to get this converted to a crazy taxi or something that is atleast fun.