Custom Blast City control panel

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
pookycade
Custom Blast City control panel

Post by pookycade » September 20th, 2012, 7:14 pm

Blast city control panel.jpg
After owning a candy cab for 10 years and making my own wretched attempts at getting a control panel I liked (without the requisite metal working skills to really do so), I have found someone willing and able to get this done for me. His ebay listing is here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Control-Panel-N ... 1e7256d635"

Attached is the first iteration on this, which is about a million times better than anything I've ever done. Next will come the overlay which he is helping me design. And the cost is quite reasonable, given the design time involved. In case anyone is wondering that is a traksys trackball, a turbo twist spinner, and two Ultrastik 360s with the buttons wired to the Ultrastik. Trackball is interfaced thru an Optipac.

I can't say that the process was an incredibly fast one (mainly due to finding all the parts that would actually fit in that space) but if you are patient you will get a high quality job with incredible attention to detail. And even if you aren't mameing things out, getting a more customized panel for the particular game you are interested in might be useful.

If you've always wanted that custom panel for whatever game, he is your man.

As a disclaimer, I get nothing in return for shilling here, I'm just incredibly happy with the outcome and thought others might want to use his services as well. Also, no Blast City's were harmed in the making of this control panel. Panel connects straight down into a laptop thru USB with the ability to put back in the original Jamma panel to play individual boards.

3rensho

Re: Custom Blast City control panel

Post by 3rensho » September 25th, 2012, 4:46 am

looks good, please post a finished pic when completed.

imjasonmh
eBay: JMHenriksen

Re: Custom Blast City control panel

Post by imjasonmh » October 11th, 2012, 9:48 pm

pookycade wrote:
Blast city control panel.jpg
After owning a candy cab for 10 years and making my own wretched attempts at getting a control panel I liked (without the requisite metal working skills to really do so), I have found someone willing and able to get this done for me. His ebay listing is here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Control-Panel-N ... 1e7256d635"

Attached is the first iteration on this, which is about a million times better than anything I've ever done. Next will come the overlay which he is helping me design. And the cost is quite reasonable, given the design time involved. In case anyone is wondering that is a traksys trackball, a turbo twist spinner, and two Ultrastik 360s with the buttons wired to the Ultrastik. Trackball is interfaced thru an Optipac.

I can't say that the process was an incredibly fast one (mainly due to finding all the parts that would actually fit in that space) but if you are patient you will get a high quality job with incredible attention to detail. And even if you aren't mameing things out, getting a more customized panel for the particular game you are interested in might be useful.

If you've always wanted that custom panel for whatever game, he is your man.

As a disclaimer, I get nothing in return for shilling here, I'm just incredibly happy with the outcome and thought others might want to use his services as well. Also, no Blast City's were harmed in the making of this control panel. Panel connects straight down into a laptop thru USB with the ability to put back in the original Jamma panel to play individual boards.
I was in the process of getting help with this guy also, but i haven't heard back from him in a while. He said he was finishing up a panel and would get back to me once he was finished. YOu must be the guy! Where did you get your trackball from? Do you think it will work well with games like Golden Tee 3D and the like?