Blast City Bass Fishing cabs...

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
NASguy

Blast City Bass Fishing cabs...

Post by NASguy » June 6th, 2011, 7:16 pm

Exactly what needs to be replaced besides the CP to get this stock?

Will it be wired for Model 2/3 only?

I know the bottom "riser" needs to be taken off, and they seem to have a funky metal bar across the front two access doors...

And is it impossible to find one without monitor burn-in?

Just want to see if one of these things is worth it...

clutch
Please Continue...

Re: Blast City Bass Fishing cabs...

Post by clutch » June 6th, 2011, 7:37 pm

Not impossible to find one with burn in. I think those are few and far between though. You will have to buy a jamma harness for it and the brackets can be removed and plugs popped into the holes. The support beam isn't a bad idea, it is just God-awful ugly.

Korszca
Assistant Librarian

Post by Korszca » June 7th, 2011, 12:26 am

Alternatively, you may want a 001 loom if you intend to play JVS games on it as well.

clutch
Please Continue...

Post by clutch » June 7th, 2011, 2:48 am

Those are getting harder to find as well.

Korszca
Assistant Librarian

Post by Korszca » June 7th, 2011, 2:54 am

Harder != Impossible
Have hope people :awe:

NASguy

Post by NASguy » June 7th, 2011, 3:04 am

No interest in JVS games. Just standard Jamma.

Korszca
Assistant Librarian

Post by Korszca » June 7th, 2011, 3:06 am

:palm: :awe:

NASguy

Post by NASguy » June 7th, 2011, 4:04 am

Korszca wrote::palm: :awe:
Why is that = :palm: ?

JVS is nothing but a pain. Not to mention most of those games are nothing but PS2 and Dreamcast ports that I already own.

Most people get Blasts to play shmups (as am I), so why would I need JVS?

Anyway, looks like I'll be picking this cab up. I can easily rewire it with some amp connectors.

Korszca
Assistant Librarian

Post by Korszca » June 7th, 2011, 4:22 am

You clearly didn't understand my post.
:palm: :awe: means that since you don't need JVS, my suggestion to get a 001 loom is pointless.

EDIT - Dave says TGM2+ :awe:
DOUBLE EDIT - Dave now says TGM3 :awe: :awe:

HyperBolt
eBay: rv9289

Post by HyperBolt » June 7th, 2011, 7:13 am

You wouldn't happen to think about getting this, are you?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sega-Bass-Fishing-B ... 5644244039"

I wouldn't recommend it. Ken sells his blasts for like $950 or around that.
And those won't have nearly as bad burn in and all those ugly brackets.
Plus it'll come jamma ready and with a usable panel.

The only thing that cabinet might have going for it, is more intact side art and/or no yellowed doors.

Even though ken doesn't have blast cities on ebay right now, I'm pretty sure he has some unlisted or will get some more soon.
Just spend more for the shipping. You can't get rid of monitor burn in and MS2931 tubes are hard to come by.

If you want, I can take a pic of my Blast City that used to be a bass fishing cab.
I can show what to expect when it comes to monitor burn-in.

jayducky
Initials: JWD

Post by jayducky » August 3rd, 2011, 9:42 am

I am talking to someone in Phoenix, AZ who has 4 Bass fishing Blastcity cabs. They don't look like they are in very good shape. I am worried that the burn-in may be really bad. He is asking $700. What do you guys think? I have been talking to Ken at the gameroom and he sent me a bunch of pictures of the Blastcitys he has and they look a lot better but will be twice as expensive including the shipping. Do I spent $1500 on a nicer Blastcity or do I spend $700 on one that will need work: marquee, instruction card, control panel w/ joysticks and buttons, cleaning and a monitor that might not look that good. Hmmm....
STEP 1: Put a hole in the box.
Does anyone have an EGRET 2 they would like to sell? West coast USA............anyone??

thomj
Just a few screws loose
Initials: TWJ

Post by thomj » August 3rd, 2011, 11:36 am

go to phoenix and look at them. pick the one with the best monitor and try talk them down ;)

kamex
Please Continue...

Post by kamex » August 4th, 2011, 4:17 am

Definitely better to get one that you can see in person. I have two cabs from thegameroom and both looked, in my opinion, a bit better in the photos than they do in person. One had a monitor that was supposed to be good but in my opinion had some moderate issues that take it down to a bit below acceptable in my eyes (the other was good thoughand was what I expected) - but maybe it was shipping damage which, again, is another reason to get one in person. So just because it is pricier and the photos look better I would not automatically assume it is really any better. Unless you are able to get a ton of detailed photos it is a bit of a gamble.

jayducky

Post by jayducky » August 4th, 2011, 10:10 am

kamex wrote:Definitely better to get one that you can see in person. I have two cabs from thegameroom and both looked, in my opinion, a bit better in the photos than they do in person. One had a monitor that was supposed to be good but in my opinion had some moderate issues that take it down to a bit below acceptable in my eyes (the other was good thoughand was what I expected) - but maybe it was shipping damage which, again, is another reason to get one in person. So just because it is pricier and the photos look better I would not automatically assume it is really any better. Unless you are able to get a ton of detailed photos it is a bit of a gamble.
Thank you for sharing your experience! It is stressfull trying to pick a cab out that you have never personally seen. It really is a gamble. I will make ken take several detailed photos of the actual cab he is sending me. Funny thing is, the pictures he sent me of the cabs he has for sale are the same pictures that I found from members in the blastcity thread who say they have purchased that exact cab! I don't think Ken is being up front initially about what cab you will get. Kamex, Did you give Ken a list of things that you expected out of the cab? For example: auto sync monitor, original keys for the coin door and inclusion of an I/O board. Any more you can tell me about your experiences with thegameroom and what I should look out for? Original arcade PCBs would be ideal but I think I will end up housing a PC,DC and 360. I would like to start a new thread titled "The Ken and Matsu Thread". This thread would be specifically about members experience's with these two candycab sellers since they are the two most reputable dealers of cabs. Members could show pics of what they got, how much they paid, how long it took to ship and overall satisfaction with their purchase. Since that is where this conversation is going.
Does anyone have an EGRET 2 they would like to sell? West coast USA............anyone??

hedorah

Post by hedorah » August 4th, 2011, 6:21 pm

Ken rarely sends pictures of the cab you will actually get, which is one of my all time problems with him.

Instead I would suggest Matsu in Southern California, he completely shops all his cabs before selling (complete cleaning, joystick replacements, etc) and the pictures he sends is of the actual cab you will be receiving. Also if you want to tell Matsu I want a cab with ZERO burn in, he will be upfront about it and let you know if he can accommodate and then send pictures to back it up. You can also go to Matsu in person and test drive the cab before buying.

gamemachine2003@hotmail.com

Also I have a regular Blast City Jamma loom for sale if you do go the blast fishing route.

jayducky

Post by jayducky » August 5th, 2011, 1:09 am

hedorah wrote:Ken rarely sends pictures of the cab you will actually get, which is one of my all time problems with him.

Instead I would suggest Matsu in Southern California, he completely shops all his cabs before selling (complete cleaning, joystick replacements, etc) and the pictures he sends is of the actual cab you will be receiving. Also if you want to tell Matsu I want a cab with ZERO burn in, he will be upfront about it and let you know if he can accommodate and then send pictures to back it up. You can also go to Matsu in person and test drive the cab before buying.

gamemachine2003@hotmail.com

Also I have a regular Blast City Jamma loom for sale if you do go the blast fishing route.
Yeah, I saw all the praise you had to give Matsu in the Blast thread. I understand it is very difficult to get a hold of him? I asked ken if he had a Blast with no burn in and he said that He could not help me but if I wanted a Blast that has some burn in and in good shape that he has plenty. idk, I think it might be worth trying to contact Matsu and at least see what he has. Shipping would probably be about the same to Tucson, AZ. I am just guessing but he would probably charge $1500 to $1600 for a blast with no burn in. Matsu charges about $250 mor for his Blast? I would love to have a mint Blast but that may be a bit out of my price range. $1300 is about my limit including shipping. I had Ken put me on a list for an Egret2 which he sells for $1400. I'm still not really sure if I want a Blast over an E2. What do you think AO?

Korszca
Assistant Librarian

Post by Korszca » August 5th, 2011, 1:49 am

jayducky wrote:I'm still not really sure if I want a Blast over an E2. What do you think AO?
Depends on what you want to play. If you have 31KHz games, an E2 will do you no good.
With that said, I own a Blast and if I could only have one cab, I'd rather it be an E2 than a Blast.

jayducky

Post by jayducky » August 5th, 2011, 2:48 am

Korszca wrote:
jayducky wrote:I'm still not really sure if I want a Blast over an E2. What do you think AO?
Depends on what you want to play. If you have 31KHz games, an E2 will do you no good.
With that said, I own a Blast and if I could only have one cab, I'd rather it be an E2 than a Blast.
You can't hook an Xbox360 to an Egret2 right?

davewellington
The Librarian
Initials: DAV

Post by davewellington » August 5th, 2011, 2:58 am

You can, one of the members here runs their 360 at 24hz and apparently it looks great.
all your wiki pages belong to me

hedorah

Post by hedorah » August 5th, 2011, 3:20 am

As far as I know Matsu will not charge a premium for a blast with no burn in. He charges a flat rate and if it's less than stellar you ask if he can come down on price.

As far as cab choice I agree with the others, it really depends on what type of games you want to play. If it's all low rez stuff the egret 2 will put out better image quality. The problem is finding an egret 2 in 2011 in excellent shape and no burn in. That's going to be tricky unless you get one from a private seller.