Painting neo cab

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
ed218
Painting neo cab

Post by ed218 » January 24th, 2011, 6:01 pm

Does this look too white, I am struggling with it. I did the paint myself and finish came out good, Im just worried about the white I chose. It make the cab's white next to it look yellow.
Attachments
DSCN3577 - Copy (1).jpg

Rossyra
Supermod

Re: Painting neo cab

Post by Rossyra » January 24th, 2011, 6:17 pm

It's impossible to tell from a pic, it looks good to me though.

supergoose

Post by supergoose » January 25th, 2011, 2:27 pm

i can't tell either.
did you use a spray gun or a "rattle can"? if the can/tin/bottle says "signal white" then i would try to find a different one that doesn't.
Belton's RAL 9001 cream white might work:

RAL 9003 signal white - i wouldn't use that one
RAL 9010 pure white - probably still a lot brighter than a yellowed cab
RAL 9001 cream white - could be ok, if you wanted to restore a more realistic look without fag burns and paint chips

also, clearcoat tends to turn yellow. that might be a solution, if you think that the white paint is too bright. it can go very wrong, though.

did you strip off the old paint first? i was wondering, whether nitromors (green tin) would work.
Wanted: SNK Candy 18 spares. Mainly looking for a marquee holder & the "video games" sign.

calium
eBay: nbcrew

Post by calium » January 25th, 2011, 2:41 pm

it's never to white :awe:
Insert Coin

ed218

Post by ed218 » January 25th, 2011, 6:03 pm

I used a spray gun. Cleaned with detergent (any household will do) and green scub pad. Then I used 320 grit wet/dry sand paper. Washed again used tack paper then spray. If there was any imperfections, which there were , I then sanded with 1500 very lightly to get the run off and recleared. I'm sure a profeesional would have done a better or faster job, but im pretty happy with the results so far. Im painting the base and plastic now, then clean up all chrome parts and assemble. I just hope I can fix my monitor after all this work. This cab has been in my basement for 6 years( I know a shame).