sega blast city with mame j-pac problem

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
siyco
Never breathes in
Initials: bad

sega blast city with mame j-pac problem

Post by siyco » August 31st, 2010, 4:01 pm

Hi guys been a while right in an attempt to keep the few pcb's i have in the condition of them working im trying to get amame project setup in my sega blast city but are falling into a few trap's along the way hope you guys can addvise right.

ive have a pc already in the cab using vga lead to the tri-sync monitor using the dipswitches i have clicked onto 31k and have a perfect picture on screen and as not to chop the cabs original wiring (wouldnt dream of it ) ive opted for a j-pac im using an normal pc vga card so i install soft 15khz after it reconised the graphics card im using installed connect the -j-pac up plug it in and the screen goes crazy.If unplugged it all goes back to normal switched through all res 15,24,31 and cant get it unscrambled.

if i plug it up to my 42"lcd tv it comes on perfect and i can set up buttons but cant get it on my cab whats the problem is it something to do with the sega blast city seeing as it comes on my lcd tv ok p.s i have also installed 24k,31k on the soft 15khz program just in case i have the j-pac as it was brand new with the jumpers set on 15 and 31k and plugged it up from boot hoping it would sync up no joy any help will be much appreciated thanks.????? :crazy:

cRacKh0rN
Custom rank pending return
Initials: DAB

Re: sega blast city with mame j-pac problem

Post by cRacKh0rN » August 31st, 2010, 6:21 pm

siyco wrote:Hi guys been a while right in an attempt to keep the few pcb's i have in the condition of them working im trying to get amame project setup in my sega blast city but are falling into a few trap's along the way hope you guys can addvise right.

ive have a pc already in the cab using vga lead to the tri-sync monitor using the dipswitches i have clicked onto 31k and have a perfect picture on screen and as not to chop the cabs original wiring (wouldnt dream of it ) ive opted for a j-pac im using an normal pc vga card so i install soft 15khz after it reconised the graphics card im using installed connect the -j-pac up plug it in and the screen goes crazy.If unplugged it all goes back to normal switched through all res 15,24,31 and cant get it unscrambled.

if i plug it up to my 42"lcd tv it comes on perfect and i can set up buttons but cant get it on my cab whats the problem is it something to do with the sega blast city seeing as it comes on my lcd tv ok p.s i have also installed 24k,31k on the soft 15khz program just in case i have the j-pac as it was brand new with the jumpers set on 15 and 31k and plugged it up from boot hoping it would sync up no joy any help will be much appreciated thanks.????? :crazy:
The highest res that the pc can be at will be 640x480 but you probably have it set higher.
Locate a download called QuickRes and set it to run at 640x480. Each time windows loads it should default to this res.

siyco
Never breathes in

Post by siyco » August 31st, 2010, 6:45 pm

hi there thanks for the reply sorry forgot tometion yes im already using quickres at 640x480 so as far as im concerned it should be on the screen but's not

cRacKh0rN

Post by cRacKh0rN » August 31st, 2010, 7:02 pm

siyco wrote:hi there thanks for the reply sorry forgot tometion yes im already using quickres at 640x480 so as far as im concerned it should be on the screen but's not
Has the Blast MS9 got a VGA connector? If it has, don't use the j-pac output. You should go directly from the PC vga to the monitors vga instead.

siyco
Never breathes in

Post by siyco » September 1st, 2010, 12:06 pm

Yes crackhorn it has got a vga on the monitor that's how ive connected the pc in the first place it's on 31k using quickres on 640x480 crisp clear picture but i wanted to keep the original wiring seeing as the blast cab has the sanwa jlf control sticks which use a plug in conncetor to the little pcb on the stick id of had to chop that up to plug up things like the minipac ipac etc......

So i was told to use a j-pac that way i could just connect the jamma to the j-pac and have the control sticks and 4 per player work straight away with wires to connect buttons 5+6 for each player and all id have to do then was plug it in via a usb which is what ive been doing and its sending the perfect picture haywire and i can't straighten it out yet it works on my lcd tv and the j=pac allows to me to use the existing controls yes i am using a pc graphics card which is compatible with soft 15 which ive also installed what am i doing wrong have i been misinformed and should of got a minipac or ipac and not the j-pac (the light does come on to say its in sync) let me know just didnt want to chop up the jlf sticks connector :cry:

cRacKh0rN

Post by cRacKh0rN » September 1st, 2010, 12:25 pm

siyco wrote:Yes crackhorn it has got a vga on the monitor that's how ive connected the pc in the first place it's on 31k using quickres on 640x480 crisp clear picture but i wanted to keep the original wiring seeing as the blast cab has the sanwa jlf control sticks which use a plug in conncetor to the little pcb on the stick id of had to chop that up to plug up things like the minipac ipac etc......

So i was told to use a j-pac that way i could just connect the jamma to the j-pac and have the control sticks and 4 per player work straight away with wires to connect buttons 5+6 for each player and all id have to do then was plug it in via a usb which is what ive been doing and its sending the perfect picture haywire and i can't straighten it out yet it works on my lcd tv and the j=pac allows to me to use the existing controls yes i am using a pc graphics card which is compatible with soft 15 which ive also installed what am i doing wrong have i been misinformed and should of got a minipac or ipac and not the j-pac (the light does come on to say its in sync) let me know just didnt want to chop up the jlf sticks connector :cry:
Hey man.

As stated, plug the gfx directly to the vga but keep the jpac in the machine for the joystick wiring:-

PC VGA > Monitor VGA
PC USB > JPAC > Blast Jamma

To reiterate once more, use the jpac but just don't plug the vga into it :)

siyco
Never breathes in

Post by siyco » September 1st, 2010, 12:52 pm

hi there somewhere we aren't connecting right i am connecting the pc's vga cable into the vga port on my cabinet the j-pac is connected to the jamma harness nothing else and the j=pac has a ps2 to usb cable that im plugging into the pc but as i staed it making the piture go haywire i only want the control usage from not the video

what im doin is this pc vga > monitor vga
j-pac usb> pc usb port thats what im saying but its making the screen go all funny i only want the controls through the jamma

cRacKh0rN

Post by cRacKh0rN » September 1st, 2010, 1:07 pm

siyco wrote:hi there somewhere we aren't connecting right i am connecting the pc's vga cable into the vga port on my cabinet the j-pac is connected to the jamma harness nothing else and the j=pac has a ps2 to usb cable that im plugging into the pc but as i staed it making the piture go haywire i only want the control usage from not the video

what im doin is this pc vga > monitor vga
j-pac usb> pc usb port thats what im saying but its making the screen go all funny i only want the controls through the jamma
My apologies. That sounds correct.
Tell me. If you remove the jpac from the equation and just plug the PC VGA to Monitor VGA does the picture not exhibit the same problem?

siyco
Never breathes in

Post by siyco » September 1st, 2010, 1:10 pm

no mate if i just plug the pc vga into the blast city vga the screen displays crystal clear and perfect

cRacKh0rN

Post by cRacKh0rN » September 1st, 2010, 1:35 pm

siyco wrote:no mate if i just plug the pc vga into the blast city vga the screen displays crystal clear and perfect
And if you now plug the jpac into the jamma harness the picture will go out of sync?
On the j-pac do you have all the jumpers removed for 15,24,31? If not try removing them so there it is simply pass through.
It sounds to me like the J-pac is not syncing. Do you get a stable light when it is plugged in? I would try plugging the PC into the PS/2 instead of the usb to see if this helps.

calium
eBay: nbcrew

Post by calium » September 1st, 2010, 3:16 pm

that's right. use the ps2 and not usb. i had problems in the past too.

anyways the j-pac is a piece of ****. syncing probs and much more isn't unusually. i prefer the jammasd v2 and never ever had any problems with it. easy plug & play without problems.
Insert Coin