possible to turn into naomi cab?

Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
deadbolt742
possible to turn into naomi cab?

Post by deadbolt742 »

Hi guys I was looking at this on ebay, and was wondering if it was possible to turn into a naomi cabinet. Also is it a good deal for that, I was thinking so since it is completely working and it looks kind of like a sega astro city but it says corwin case which I never heard of.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %26otn%3D2"
Devil Soundwave
Doesn't go to eleven
eBay: DevilSoundwave

Re: possible to turn into naomi cab?

Post by Devil Soundwave »

Crowin, not Corwin. Pretty sure it's made by Crown, and the extra i is just a bit of Engrish, so it's a Korean candy cab from the looks of things.

Pretty rare outside Korea - not terribly sturdy though as far as I am aware; usually a mix of wood, plastic and metal. Still though, pretty neat, I'd buy it.

You *could* make it a Naomi cab but why would you want to? Just buy a Naomi Uni for that, or at least an old Bass Fishing Blast city as that'll have a 31k capable monitor.

Korean arcade:

If you do buy it, please be sympathetic towards it and treat it to nice new korean sticks and buttons from etokki.com
deadbolt742

Post by deadbolt742 »

Oh that was my intention, just putting a Naomi board in it.

Although I am really new to all this. If I were to put a Naomi board into this cabinet it would look fine and work fine since I doubt the korean cabinet has the tri sync monitor. If I do get it yeah I plan on trying to fix it up as much as I know how to do.

Thanks for the reply to that site will help out a lot.
Devil Soundwave
Doesn't go to eleven

deadbolt742 wrote:Oh that was my intention, just putting a Naomi board in it.

Although I am really new to all this. If I were to put a Naomi board into this cabinet it would look fine and work fine since I doubt the korean cabinet has the tri sync monitor. If I do get it yeah I plan on trying to fix it up as much as I know how to do.

Thanks for the reply to that site will help out a lot.
No worries. The guy who runs that site - Laugh - can be found on Shoryuken if you need him. :)
deadbolt742

Post by deadbolt742 »

Woops meant to ask that as a question if using that cabinet with a naomi board, would it look fine since I doubt it has a tri sync monitor?
Devil Soundwave
Doesn't go to eleven

Naomi can be set to put out 15k, so yes, should be fine.
deadbolt742

Post by deadbolt742 »

Alright so after listening to what you said I found this sega bass fishing cabinet for a little more. I am just curious since I am on kind of a budget that it would be cheaper you think to just get the sega one and buy a new control panel and put it in there, and I am assuming that it already has the naomi board in it?

Also does having the tri sync monitor actually make that big of difference?

alphagamer

Post by alphagamer »

deadbolt742 wrote:Alright so after listening to what you said I found this sega bass fishing cabinet for a little more. I am just curious since I am on kind of a budget that it would be cheaper you think to just get the sega one and buy a new control panel and put it in there, and I am assuming that it already has the naomi board in it?

Also does having the tri sync monitor actually make that big of difference?

Units running Bass Fishing usually got bad screen burn, so be aware!
Our service is Fast, Good and Cheap (pick any two)
Devil Soundwave
Doesn't go to eleven

What he said. For a bass fishing conversion, you need to be able to go see the cab in person. Provided it's not **** and really burnt, I'd go with the Blast.

If you want something unique, kinda cool, but not as flexible, get the Crown cab.

Personally I'd get the Crown cab, but that's my perverse desire for rarez for you.
deadbolt742

Post by deadbolt742 »

Alright ill see if I can get either of those for cheaper but it wont be for atleast a solid week or so before I can get them. But ill post what I end up with.