Arcade cabinet hardware and accessories
Ploppers
eBay: ploppers

Re: Chewlix C (Chinese Vewlix Capcom)

Post by Ploppers »

So got the PC built :D

ImageImageImage

Even in the small case with a stress test, max cpu is ~ 60c and gpu ~ 70 :D

Unfortunately, I had to spend about $932aud on DLC...... ugh (Owned most fighting games on Steam, but required filling in the gaps..._
B-boppin' and Ploppin', Jackin' and Whackin', Windmill Providin' ...
Madgear
eBay: PM
Initials: ACE

Post by Madgear »

This is an excellent thread!

I want a Chewlix to pick up for a friend. I wonder if I'd be able to find one in the states? I'd love to pick a classic SEGA cab but the freight costs seem intense!

Good photos/posts here, I'm kinda sold on how adaptable these seem to be.
mRCaESaR
eBay: mr_caesar81
Initials: JTL

Post by mRCaESaR »

There's plenty of resources in the states.

You have KC on the west coast and you have Anthony C that have previously done group buys. Not sure if he still has some stock but I know he's pausing them for a while iirc.

Check out the Facebook group "taito vewlix/chewlix owner's group"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6372863 ... ?ref=share

There's a wealth of resources there which makes this thread a bit redundant now.. Back when I first created this thread, there wasn't much information, now there's a decent fb group with a number of chewlix owner's :)

Keep in mind the price of a brand new chewlix is not far off the price of a vewlix f/c so that's something to also consider.

Definitely check out the fb group
Ploppers

Post by Ploppers »

FINALLY, ITS HAPPENED TO ME!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Another video soon, after the initial upgrades :D
Madgear
eBay: PM
Initials: ACE

Post by Madgear »

mRCaESaR wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 1:20 am There's plenty of resources in the states.

You have KC on the west coast and you have Anthony C that have previously done group buys. Not sure if he still has some stock but I know he's pausing them for a while iirc.

Check out the Facebook group "taito vewlix/chewlix owner's group"

https://www.facebook.com/groups/6372863 ... ?ref=share

There's a wealth of resources there which makes this thread a bit redundant now.. Back when I first created this thread, there wasn't much information, now there's a decent fb group with a number of chewlix owner's :)

Keep in mind the price of a brand new chewlix is not far off the price of a vewlix f/c so that's something to also consider.

Definitely check out the fb group
Hey, thanks for that! I need to join FB first :lol: But, thats a really cool community you all have, though. If I ever make the purchase I'll have to reach out.

Also @Ploppers : VERY NICE!
Ploppers

Post by Ploppers »

Madgear wrote: September 26th, 2021, 8:35 am Hey, thanks for that! I need to join FB first :lol: But, thats a really cool community you all have, though. If I ever make the purchase I'll have to reach out.

Also @Ploppers : VERY NICE!
Thanks Madgear, super happy with it. So happy in fact, I have another two in the mail from China haha.

And if anyones interested, the follow up video;

Ploppers

Post by Ploppers »

Got some upgrades done on the Chewie.

First off the Control panel, and 5 Qanba LED Buttons, waiting on a Dual USB hub that fits where you see the blank. Wired them to a USB connector that plugs into the PC. (Waiting on Volume Adjuster and bigger Volume Knob in mail)
Also added some Vewlix stickers, but really not happy with them, they're semi transparent and darkish. Ordered a better replacement set.

(Also managed to map the Xbox Guide button to Escape in Windows, finally!)

Extended the power button of the PC to the control panel, and have ordered a Remote control Power switch, so I can leave the Chewie turned on and activate it via the Remote. Then its just a matter of hitting power on the Control panel to turn on the PC. I did have my Astro PC set to turn on when power was applied but the catch is, when you shutdown the pc, after about 3 seconds it turns itself on again. So Its just going to be, Remote to turn on Chewie, then hit Power on the control panel for the PC.

I like the panel but have ordered one of these to replace it, along with a black NesicaXLive panel and going to put an wireless charger inside it.

Followed mRCaESaR's lead with the top plastic and used gaffer tape to stop the topper LED shining through the plastic, really annoyed me.

Got myself a Acrylic topper, and used some of my left over CVS2 Artwork, and have made up some artwork to get printed for the places that needs it;

And this is how it looks for the moment, pretty happy with it.

Have an LG 32GP850-B sitting in its box, ready for Chris' awesome Monitor swap bracket! :D

And a final update, I finally found 2 Red/Black chewies the same this and they shipped this morning! Going to be a back to back, Versus setup. Just gotta get the 1P8B/1P7B panels for them now!

ImageImage

Cheers!