Gaelco-World Rally Championship sync issues?

PCB problems and fixes
jonny5
Tremendous Woody

Re: Gaelco-World Rally Championship sync issues?

Post by jonny5 » March 10th, 2010, 2:12 pm

geotrig wrote:needs a score thread !!
did you fix yours?

this game is a lot harder than drift out....although by the end of the evening i was getting the hang of the steering
on the loose

geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Post by geotrig » March 10th, 2010, 2:27 pm

mine works in my woody so didn't do anything with it ,but i did look at the harness in the e2 and it looks like it doesn't have the ground cable . only a bit decent at the easy stage most plug it in tonight and get a couple of games!

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"

Olisan
eBay: olisan76
Initials: OLI

Post by Olisan » June 24th, 2010, 1:06 pm

Thanks all,
Same problem on my SNK SC19, and work well in my Capcom Cute; now i know why and can fix it.
Too happy!
http://www.coinoplegacy.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://instagram.com/arcadeevents" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

terrybogard

Post by terrybogard » July 3rd, 2010, 1:22 am

hey guys i need your help..... I own a world rally board that does NOT have a dead battery.... When i hook it up to either of my hdtv's through my vega jr supergun the picture is all messed up..... Its seems to be the syncing issue you guys speak of except my board already has the wire soldered from the video to the ground..... On one TV it has scrambled video with no sound and the other tv it has black and white video that is semi scrambled with sound.... Please help me....

P-man

Post by P-man » July 4th, 2010, 2:16 pm

terrybogard : Its a case of metering to see where your video ground is going, there are several possibilities.

I keep trying to tell everyone that i sell pcbs to, to modify their setups so that their display grounds are wired to the pcb power ground in some way. This eliminates any issues with video grounds full stop, including some bootlegs, games like world rally who don't wire the pad to anything, along with jamma adapters with the ground missing.

By wiring the video ground on your monitor to your power ground you may also even improve a 'normal' picture with slight sync ghosting or snow.
--
Andrew Welburn
http://www.andys-arcade.com

terrybogard

Post by terrybogard » July 5th, 2010, 3:42 am

i wish i understood.... since the pcb works on my crt and not on my hdtvs i believe it just doesnt like my hdtvs..... What do u think?

RetroRepair

Post by RetroRepair » October 21st, 2010, 6:29 pm

Thought I'd resurrect this instead of starting a new thread.

Mine runs fine in demo and says coprocessor is ok but has no sound and game freezes on stage select. Is that a symptom of a dead battery?

jonny5
Tremendous Woody

Post by jonny5 » October 26th, 2010, 9:04 pm

RetroRepair wrote:Thought I'd resurrect this instead of starting a new thread.

Mine runs fine in demo and says coprocessor is ok but has no sound and game freezes on stage select. Is that a symptom of a dead battery?
if the battery is dead you fail the co-processor test iirc....it shouldnt affect sound at all...seems like you have a different problem sadly :|
on the loose