Interesting Final Fight PCB

PCB problems and fixes
SonSonIII
eBay: ImpressGames

Interesting Final Fight PCB

Post by SonSonIII » January 27th, 2019, 11:25 am

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/l500836639?lang=enImageIt has a CPS Dash motherboard and the Eproms are marked FFT / FFTJ.

The T possibly stands for Turbo(Dash). Maybe a rare late production board similar to the CPS Dash “DAM” ReSale version DaiMakaimura boards. If authentic, definitely super unique and undumped. :)
Last edited by SonSonIII on January 28th, 2019, 5:38 am, edited 4 times in total.

geotrig
Potato!
eBay: ._.

Re: Interesting Final Fight PCB

Post by geotrig » January 27th, 2019, 11:58 am

Or an expensive final fight :lol:

No mask roms at all ...what makes you think it a dash mb ,if it is could be adjustments made for sound
It's ages since I've looked at any of mine but looks like a std cps1 mb from memory.
It must have been crap or else Capcom would have peddled it to ****.

<trk>:I remember catching a big fat one and my friend said "throw it back in, that one already tastes like wood"

SonSonIII

Post by SonSonIII » January 27th, 2019, 1:18 pm

geotrig wrote:
January 27th, 2019, 11:58 am
Or an expensive final fight :lol:

No mask roms at all ...what makes you think it a dash mb ,if it is could be adjustments made for sound
It's ages since I've looked at any of mine but looks like a std cps1 mb from memory.
It must have been crap or else Capcom would have peddled it to ****.
The Dash motherboards came in long and short versions, besides you can see the CPS dash sticker located to the upper left of the Jamma pinout. Lots of later Dash releases don’t have mask roms BTW.

SonSonIII

Post by SonSonIII » January 27th, 2019, 3:19 pm

Final Fight is notoriously well programmed to avoid slowdown. I’ve played the game on both standard and dash A boards and I really only saw improvement when lots of if enemies are all falling in flames in the industrial area following a special attack.

Well, I thought the board was neat if a late production board, but could easily be a boot so idk. There are definitely later production non-Dash Euro boards with modern style eprom labels marked “F.F.” .

ArcadeFraidi
eBay: arcadefraidi-dot-com
Initials: ARC

Post by ArcadeFraidi » February 21st, 2019, 2:09 pm

i think it's an home made conversion, on the B rom board the upper leftmost chip in the picture, the one with the little label-sticker on it, it's a LATTICE GAL16V8 the "L" mark it's clearly readable despite the out of focus picture, this suggests a not original board, also the EPROM on sockets 18 and 19 seems to be too new, the datecode starting with digits "13" suggests a production date of year 2013, but probably they are chinese pulls reprinted, if you clean them with acetone you can expose the "real" cermaic layer and original markings. i think no more real EPROM production has taken place in recent years. Also capcom labels seems quite strange with this green colour, they should be blue.