Capcom CPS1 "C" boards.

PCB problems and fixes
Ex_Mosquito
Please Continue...
Initials: MPS

Capcom CPS1 "C" boards.

Post by Ex_Mosquito » August 6th, 2012, 11:06 pm

Heya. I have a Strider CPS1 pcb with a missing "C" board. I've interchanged it with a "C" board from my other working Strider and it works fine. On my working Strider on the "C" board it says "CPS1-B-02" I also have a dead Final Fight with a "C" board that reads CPS-B-04. I've tried interchanging it with Final Fights "C" and I get backgrounds with no sprites. Is there anyway to mod a CPS1-B-04 (finalfight C board) to work as a CPS-B-02 to work with Strider?
My Arcade 1-Credit Replays
http://www.youtube.com/user/exmosquito" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

leonardoliveira
Initials: leo

Re: Capcom CPS1 "C" boards.

Post by leonardoliveira » August 30th, 2012, 2:22 pm

No. You would need to patch the program ROMs so they match the exact B chip you have. Sadly that misses the point of restoring the board, no ?

The CPS B chip is the actual protection on the CPS1 boards. It's what prevent people from converting game A into game B.

jepjepjep
Please Continue...

Re: Capcom CPS1 "C" boards.

Post by jepjepjep » August 30th, 2012, 8:31 pm

Unless you have a rare, undumped version of Strider, it should use a C-board with a CPS-B-01 chip on it. Are you sure you're not getting the numbers confused? My Strider has a C-board with a 88622-C-2 silkscreen on the fiber board, but the graphics chip is CPS-B-01.

A small C-board like the original may be hard to find, but you should be able to use any CPS-B-21 C-board in place of a CPS-B-01.