Capcom CPS 2 Vids

Coin-operated games and arcades.
Awbacon
eBay: Awbacon
Initials: Aeb

Capcom CPS 2 Vids

Post by Awbacon » September 24th, 2019, 1:39 pm

First episode is the intro and a hardware platform overview. It's the most mainstream platform I've covered to date (considering the first two were 3DO M2 and FM Towns lol) so I'd love to hear everyones thoughts.

Ten more episodes to come, all wall to wall gameplay on my favorite games
Last edited by Awbacon on October 15th, 2019, 1:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Awbacon

Re: Capcom CPS 2 - doing a full season for it on my YT

Post by Awbacon » October 1st, 2019, 1:26 pm

New episode this morning - Progear :) My fav shmup on the CPS 2

Awbacon

Re: Capcom CPS 2 - New Episode - Progear 10/1!

Post by Awbacon » October 8th, 2019, 1:27 pm

Episode 3! AvP and Armored Warrior. I didn’t want to just showcase the well known hits like AvP so I did a combo episode here (and in a few other places this season) so as to not just talk about the games everyone knows by heart

Awbacon

Re: Capcom CPS 2 - New Episode - 10/15! Mega Man 2 - the Power Battle

Post by Awbacon » October 15th, 2019, 1:35 pm

Love this game. Loved it back when it came out and still do now. Although I can never decide if it’s a fighting game or more of a boss rush mode?

Awbacon

1944 and 19XX - two awesome shmups on CPS 2

Post by Awbacon » October 22nd, 2019, 1:32 pm

Apparently 1944 received a rarer than rare korean only PC release, but I've never been able to find it (plus I own the B board so it's not much of a need)

Reminds me I need to build a dedicated TATE setup for my horizontal TATE shmups. Currently just putting my PVM on it's side for gameplay

Who else has had the chance to play these? My local pizza joint in Brooklyn back in the early 2000's had 1944 in a cab, but I've only ever played 19XX at home

Chempop
eBay: Weegzon
Initials: GLX

Re: 1944 and 19XX - two awesome shmups on CPS 2

Post by Chempop » October 22nd, 2019, 3:40 pm

When I made the transition from emulation to jamma 19XX was on my very short list of games I'd want to own, it's incredible.
It has one of my favorite soundtracks in the genre, something I can listen to outside of actually playing the game.

Haven't played 1944 beyond a few credits and knew I could pass on it, somewhat surprising because I'm a Raizing fanboy :ugeek:

I'm curious why you don't talk about any of the gameplay elements in this video. It might be helpful for viewers who want to compare what sets the games apart, at least power-up system, choice of airplanes, charge attack (cool lock-on beacon in 19XX), etc.

Awbacon

Re: 1944 and 19XX - two awesome shmups on CPS 2

Post by Awbacon » October 22nd, 2019, 5:53 pm

Chempop wrote:
October 22nd, 2019, 3:40 MP
When I made the transition from emulation to jamma 19XX was on my very short list of games I'd want to own, it's incredible.
It has one of my favorite soundtracks in the genre, something I can listen to outside of actually playing the game.

Haven't played 1944 beyond a few credits and knew I could pass on it, somewhat surprising because I'm a Raizing fanboy :ugeek:

I'm curious why you don't talk about any of the gameplay elements in this video. It might be helpful for viewers who want to compare what sets the games apart, at least power-up system, choice of airplanes, charge attack (cool lock-on beacon in 19XX), etc.
I debate between talking about core mechanics, or the game overall. With shmups I feel they are pretty intuitive, so I did a more surface level overview. My mood changes when I am doing voice overs so some videos talk about mechanics, and some just a general glossary of the game.

Funny I prefer 1944. But I think that's just down to having WAY more time into it compared to 19XX

Awbacon

DnD : Shadow over Mystara, and the rest of my CPS 2 stuff - 10/29

Post by Awbacon » October 29th, 2019, 12:57 pm

Decided to condense these all down to one master post

My favorite beat em up of all time that stole basically every quarter I had when I found it in the arcades in the 90's. It's what introduced me to the entire concept of DnD.

Originally had it as the collection on the Saturn but I've finally gotten my B board. Such a fun game to play with friends with some beers.

Tower of Doom is legit too but I never had the chance to play it in the 90's, so on nostalgia alone Mystara is still my favorite.

I've yet to play the PS3 / 360 port though. No real reason to check it out at this point but it's a thing lol

Awbacon

Re: DnD : Shadow over Mystara, and the rest of my CPS 2 stuff - 10/29

Post by Awbacon » November 5th, 2019, 1:47 pm

Eco FIghters...man why can't I enjoy this game more? Setting, story, and visual wise I really enjoy it, but compared to other horizontal shmups, I really seem to struggle with the mechanics of this one.

I am curious who else has played, and if I am missing something? I enjoy the mechanics, but the bullet pattern randomness at times just totally sucks the fun out of this one for me.

Maybe I need to give it more time

Awbacon

Post by Awbacon » November 12th, 2019, 1:49 pm

Controversial statement is controversial lol but I've never really loved or been great at SF 2.

Alpha, with its quicker gameplay and different control schemes has always clicked more with me. Coming from KOF (my favorite series) Alpha has always felt way more comfortable to pick up and play and learn compared to main line SF games.

To this day I still can't hang with SF. Tried to get into V, and quickly put it back down

Awbacon

Battle Circuit and the rest of my CPS 2 stuff :)

Post by Awbacon » November 19th, 2019, 1:42 pm

For some reason I could edit the title or make any changes to my last CPS 2 post. So...bummer technology issues lol

To improve my mood I can totally just play Battle Circuit though. Recently I’ve gotten more into this game and I can 100% what I was missing back when it came out. It’s weird. It’s colorful. It’s whacky. And most importantly it’s stupid fun.

I especially love how it keeps the gameplay fresh with a steady stream of power ups and stages that are almost shmup like vs a pure beat em up

Oh and fat Elvis. He’s there too

Awbacon

Post by Awbacon » November 26th, 2019, 1:50 pm

Mars Matrix and Gigawing combo episode :)

Awbacon

Re: Capcom CPS 2 Vids

Post by Awbacon » December 3rd, 2019, 1:55 pm

Super Muscle Bomber :)

Awbacon

Re: Capcom CPS 2 Vids

Post by Awbacon » Yesterday, 1:53 pm

Vampire Savior 2!