BBC 2 right now!!! 'Collectaholics' Arcade collector!

Coin-operated games and arcades.
slugflyer

Re: BBC 2 right now!!! 'Collectaholics' Arcade collector!

Post by slugflyer »

slugflyer wrote:
Ex_Mosquito wrote:@jase £10 to get in? Bargain if you ask me! :)

I went to the HOG lat month for the same price and I found it very disappointing this time around. Half the cabs have vanished, no Pony cabs and most of the Naomi's were missing. Also alot of the cabs were broken: Player 2 accelerator on Daytona was broke, the gun on HOTD was horribly collaborated, the Woody Jamma cabs had horrible sticks that bearly worked, buttons on the Vs City cabs were broken all day (such an easy fix) and the selection of games in the working generic cabs were crap. I dragged 3 mates down with me on the promise of a decent gaming day out and we left bitterly disappointed and left early. It felt like the old Troc. It seems more geared towards console games now unfortunalty. I doubt I'll be going there again. Definatly not worth the £10 anymore imo.

Arcade Club looks stunning, a real arcade. I wish it wasn't so far away, though.
That really sucks - nothing like taking your mates out and that happening :(

The guy who runs it seems to be having some problems: http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/forum_ ... ar-the-end

Off on a rant :-o
Here to represent new style VEWLIX arcade fans. Both of you.
andygeezer
Blue Skies Ahead
Initials: AGS

Post by andygeezer »

slugflyer wrote:
slugflyer wrote:
Ex_Mosquito wrote:@jase £10 to get in? Bargain if you ask me! :)

I went to the HOG lat month for the same price and I found it very disappointing this time around. Half the cabs have vanished, no Pony cabs and most of the Naomi's were missing. Also alot of the cabs were broken: Player 2 accelerator on Daytona was broke, the gun on HOTD was horribly collaborated, the Woody Jamma cabs had horrible sticks that bearly worked, buttons on the Vs City cabs were broken all day (such an easy fix) and the selection of games in the working generic cabs were crap. I dragged 3 mates down with me on the promise of a decent gaming day out and we left bitterly disappointed and left early. It felt like the old Troc. It seems more geared towards console games now unfortunalty. I doubt I'll be going there again. Definatly not worth the £10 anymore imo.

Arcade Club looks stunning, a real arcade. I wish it wasn't so far away, though.
That really sucks - nothing like taking your mates out and that happening :(

The guy who runs it seems to be having some problems: http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/forum_ ... ar-the-end

Off on a rant :-o
Actually I understand Mark view, since I turned this from a hobby to business in 2008, then my love for the hobby has got smaller and smaller. I am lucky though as I am in the position where I don't need to work 40hours a week and in the summer it is nice to be able to do different things.

But I think it's also an age factor, older you get, the less impressed we are - heck I hardly ever play a console game - back in the 90's I could play for hours and hours - now I got the attention span of 10minutes if I am lucky.
Say hello to my little friend...
slugflyer

Post by slugflyer »

Completely agree. It's hard and he's really given it everything, must feel so much pressure, props to the guy!
Here to represent new style VEWLIX arcade fans. Both of you.