First love

Coin-operated games and arcades.
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions
Re: First love

Post by pubjoe »

Chi wrote:CBA to look it up
Never heard that abbreviation before, but I love it.
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

I almost bought a woody & wanted the Capcom vs games, but went travelling instead.

It’s a long boring story, but when I was travelling I stopped off in Japan & in Australia there are tons of Astro’s.

A fruitless hunt for an Egret 29 on ebay is what led to me buying a candy. I saw one for sale years ago (went for £700+ & I bid £300 on it) so I know that there is at least one in the UK, or at least there was one in 2002. No idea who has it though :?
markedkiller78
Pony fucker
eBay: markedkiller78
Initials: MAL

Post by markedkiller78 »

Couldn't be a.r.sed I'm guessing :awe:
MrBob
eBay: Trollshaw

Post by MrBob »

SFII had such an effect on so many. Although T&F was my first love, the early SFII period was so massive.

Those smoky arcades in London full of amazing Japanese and Asian players. Feeling really intimidated by them but then coming to see how polite and into it they were. Fuelled my passion for the game.

Super Punchout would be another fond memory.

"Canadian Bear Huggeeeerrr".
charlie chong

Post by charlie chong »

when i was younger i really liked the racing/sim cabs even tho i was rubbish at them .i still remember the joy at playing chase hq for the first time and being amazed at the sampled speech :lol: .. i think really tho it was final fight for me .obviously i loved loads of other games on arcade, atari s.t and 2600 but this was a game i really really pumped credits in and thought about a lot when i wasn't playing. compared to other scrolling fighters like turtles and double dragon this was the ****.. awesome chunky graphics ,manic claustrophobic feel and not hard enough to put off a young un like myself.. then streetfighter 2 came out and i was blown away again !!
jonny5
Tremendous Woody

Post by jonny5 »

street fighter 2 for sure.....my parents wouldnt let me have consoles so all my gaming was arcade back then.....never really been too much into consoles....and what console stuff i did play were mostly arcade ports......

now i pretty much just collect PCB's.....no need for ports when you can have the original ;)
on the loose
pubjoe
Fosters Political Ambitions

Post by pubjoe »

First love
My art teacher. ...and she bloody knew it... staying late after school...leading me on ...lifts home. I wasted too much time with that fantasy!
Hellfromabove

Post by Hellfromabove »

Got an SNES when I was 3. I believe Nintendo just released the SNES on the market at the time as well. I remember I really wanted to get the Genesis because everyone was talking about Sonic the Hedgehog but my grandfather told me that Santa had brought me the SNES for a reason :lol:. Anyway, it was one of the most awesome gifts I had ever received. I couldn't get past the 2nd level and boxed it up for a number of months but then quickly started playing again once more and was simply addicted. Man, that set came with everything in one box!!! No need to buy extra ****, it came with all you needed. I'm glad they kind of did that again with the Wii. Nintendo, you're the greatest. *hugs Miyamoto*

-Tha Hindu
Alpha1

Post by Alpha1 »

Gay I know....

Double Dragon and Black Tiger
Oliver

Buyers: I only post ONCE a week. This is Saturday or Monday. If you need more information prior to purchasing then pm me first. Thanks |
Bingo83
Initials: KRS

Post by Bingo83 »

I have had a fondness for gaming for as long as I can remember. We always looked forward to when the `Shows' came once a year and set up in the field across the road from my house. For two weeks every summer we had access to every popular cabinet released at the time. From 7pm to 11pm was magical, moving from arcade to arcade playing all the classics - Galaga, Galaxian, Space Firebird, Moon Cresta, Ghosts n Goblins, Yie Ar Kung Fu, Bombjack, Choplifter, Shou lins Road, Double Dragon, Wonderboy, Robotron, Track and Field, Hypersports and many many more.

I remember drawing crowds of other kids when I was 1cc'ing Choplifter and Shou Lins Road.

My friends dad round about the same time came home with a Space Invaders tabletop, that was the first time I had ever seen an arcade cabinet outwith an arcade. We used to sit for hours playing that in his house.
Check out my SoundCloud and my profile at House-Mixes for my latest DJ Mixes
gargoyle67
Gateau superstar
eBay: gargoyle1967

Post by gargoyle67 »

spmbx wrote:GENTLEMEN START YOUR ENGINES

need i say more?
Yes :awe:
"Yeah lets all get ponys instead, wait no lol trendy cabs" Err I think you meant Ponies didn't you ?
Devil Soundwave
Doesn't go to eleven
eBay: DevilSoundwave

Post by Devil Soundwave »

There wasn't an arcade in the town I gew up in near Glasgow, so the vast majority of my "arcade gaming" was done on our various home computers - Oric 48k, Spectrum, Amiga, Sam Coupe etc. Dad wouldn't buy us consoles, instead opting for "something you can programme yourself" (not that any of us ever did).

Those heady days of getting a new game and exclaiming in wonder "CVG says this is ARCADE PERFECT!". Amusing in hindsight.

I particularly remember being about 5 (1985) and my two elder brothers came back from shopping in Cumbernauld with a cope of Yie Ar Kung Fu for the Spectrum. For whatever reason, they where nice to ne for once and let me have first go; then they where amazed when I button mashed my way through the entire game on the first life! Neither of my bros could do it, so I fel like a king for the day!

As far as actual arcade's are concerned, I remember in 1990 or so being transfixed by Roadblaster in a Howard Johnson hotel in Orlando Florida. Man that game sucks! Also have fond memories of TMNT and Xmen in teh big four player cabinets! :)
SmokeyFingaz

Post by SmokeyFingaz »

- Pole Position II
- Operation Wolf
- SF II

at an arcade in Fleetwood....
Runefaust
eBay: daddelbaum
Initials: RUN

Post by Runefaust »

My first real cab sex was Metal Slug 1, on a trip to England in a youth hostel near London. There was a Pang cab in one of my hometowns pubs, but i never got intimate with it. Only watched the attract mode. Dunno why.